Camera recommendations for well lit parking lot

Reaction score
4K-X is out of the price range, I'm looking for sub $150 cameras. Will the ipc-hdw5442tm-as-led disappoint? Should I consider something different? Parking lot is well lit and small, two cameras on the front and 3 on the side. I'm also considering cheaper cameras inside so I could spring for the 4K-X outside.

Screenshot 2023-07-11 124300.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
4K-X is out of the price range, I'm looking for sub $150 cameras. Will the ipc-hdw5442tm-as-led disappoint? Should I consider something different? Parking lot is well lit and small, two cameras on the front and 3 on the side. I'm also considering cheaper cameras inside so I could spring for the 4K-X outside.

View attachment 167496
HI @keeperofthecode

Andy will have a big sale soon ... and currently has some models up on prime day .. so do check out what he has available.

If you are on a budget, evaluate what you need / want to accomplish in terms of job the cameras will do and try to find a balance of cost / effectiveness.

One strategy is focus on choke points with better cameras, and other areas go with more affordable cameras.

Example get a good low light color camera for choke points, and smaller sensor models ( typically more affordable ) for other areas .. perhaps even run the cheaper cameras in IR mode at night ..

Do check out the DORI section in the cliff notes to help get an idea of how you may want to tackle this.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I were you I will definitely go for cheaper cameras inside and get the 4K-X for the Parking lot if is well lit. The 4K-X is a great camera for well lit area at night. It will make the parking lot looks like day time.

ctm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep tabs on Andy's refurb list. The 4ks are $149 plus shipping when he has a refurb, if I am remembering right.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Keep tabs on Andy's refurb list. The 4ks are $149 plus shipping when he has a refurb, if I am remembering right.
Yes, that's a good option if the OP doesn't mind refurbished cameras. There are currently 2 refurbished IPC-Color4K-X 6MM cameras on the list right now for $149. And 1 Color4K-T 3.6mm Black for the same price.

The list on post #3 of this thread if interested.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I second a vote for the Color4K/X. Excellent camera with an amazing image if you have enough light.

Oh, and the mic is tremendous, as well. I've gotten some great video which has led to more than one conviction.

Some think my lights are "excessive" but this is what I'm getting.