Camera recommendations for location

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This picture below is where I would like a camera. My goal is to fix a blind spot in my current setup.
Screenshot_20220708-171105_Maps.jpg
Red is where I currently have cameras installed. Blue is where I would put another one on top of a shed looking out to the Blindspot and so I can see the side of my house where the utilities are located. Purple is the fence line that the shed should be able to see over.

20220708_161508.jpg
This is the best image I could get while holding my phone up of where it would be. It would be higher to see over the fence. The cameras goal wouldn't be to identify faces, but more what's going on in that area.

I have a T5442 ZE on the way, but I feel it might be wasted in that location and I'm better off getting a budget 2.8mm or 3.6mm for the area.

Any ideas? Im open to other install locations also.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a T5442 ZE on the way, but I feel it might be wasted in that location and I'm better off getting a budget 2.8mm or 3.6mm for the area.
Can't go wrong with a T5442 ZE. But you only care to observe and so it will be a bit overdressed for the occasion. It seems to me that this installation deserves a good budget 2MP 3.6mm Starlight. Now you can use the T5442 in a more critical location.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a T5442 ZE. But you only care to observe and so it will be a bit overdressed for the occasion. It seems to me that this installation deserves a good budget 2MP 3.6mm Starlight. Now you can use the T5442 in a more critical location.
I mean if the 5442 can do both then I dont mind committing it there. Im just worried I install it there and it wont be able to identify and observe.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Kinda tempted to pole mount it on my fence lol