Camera Recommendation

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello... I'm new to security cameras and I've made some progress. Have Blue Iris installed, POE Switch, Dual Nic Setup, basic understanding of the software, etc, and I have an IPC-T5442T-ZE mounted on a 7 foot high temporary testing pole that I can move around. I will eventually have 8 -12 cameras but my first priority is to get at least one very good camera pointed at my backyard because I'm building a new garage this spring and I would like to monitor the situation.... :) Given this I placed my test rig\camera right beside an old metal clothes line pole that will be the camera's permanent home. In the attached pictures you can see that the distance from my camera to the garage is 60 feet. When the IPC-T5442T-ZE is zoomed out I'm quite small but even zoomed in I'd like a little more. My first thought was to get the 8MP version of the IPC-T5442T-ZE with a 1/1.2 sensor but that doesn't exist. So I looked for other cameras and found a Hikvision 8MP ColorVu camera with a 1/1.2 sensor that look promising but it only dials into 6mm. Any suggestions for an 8MP camera with a 1/1.2 sensor that can zoom 60-80 feet? Other ideas?

The attached pictures are taken with the IPC-T5442T-ZE & out of the box settings. I've just started experimenting with the manual settings like profiles, shutter, gain, etc. The other two pictures give an overview of the area and the size of the new garage. The large tree is now gone. Once construction starts my whole backyard will be wide open and exposed....

It's been 30 below here forever but the IPC-T5442T-ZE didn't seem to mind at all!

Martin

Attachments

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a start I'm thinking I might go with this arrangement. The longer range camera will give me more detail during the garage build using a wider FOV and when finished a very good picture of the door, window, and new sidewalk. The other two cameras will provide close to house coverage. Is there anything I may be missing?

Attachments

MarkusAgustus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was gonna say yeah the 5442 z4e is the next zoom level up. that'll get right in on the action. and the Ze's have audio so you can hear shit out there.
Indeed it does... I received my 5442 Z4E & tested it. Nice camera. The zoom is giving me what I want & I do like the flexibility of the varifocal lens. Things will be changing in my backyard and I'll be able to adapt to it as it changes. After my new garage is built I will then have a very good image of the important focus point, the garage door and gate. In case anyone is interested here are 4 pictures taken from the same spot. From the cameras to the garage door is 60 feet.

1. IPC-T5442T-ZE zoomed out
2. IPC-T5442T-ZE zoomed in
3. IPC-B5442E-Z4E zoomed out
4. IPC-B5442E-Z4E zoomed in

Attachments