Camera recommendation?

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for an indoor camera that I can place in the corner of the room to view the entire room (or close to) with a mic to pickup audio and POE. Can you recommend a camera? I was looking at the DS-2CD2132F-IS but it doesn't have a mic.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have seen those but was wondering how well suited they are for mounting on the wall or ceiling?

Edit: I think my original post wasn't clear. My intention is to mount the camera on the wall or ceiling in the corner of the room.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The mount pretty easily to a wall or ceiling but are not vandal proof. Are you looking for a dome, if so, the ds-2cd2532f will do that.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do the different lenses affect the picture other than angle of view?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do the different lenses affect the picture other than angle of view?
Basically just a wider angle (you may get a bit of a fishbowl effect with 2.8..but its worth it to cover the entire room) you will lose a bit of detail as the pixel count is spread over a larger area...

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Basically just a wider angle (you may get a bit of a fishbowl effect with 2.8..but its worth it to cover the entire room) you will lose a bit of detail as the pixel count is spread over a larger area...
Thanks for the info!

This forum has been a great source of information!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with all the advice given above. I have a 2532 with 2.8mm lens here above my front porch. I run it in 2MP mode for the extra width, and I wish it was wider.

And here is my 2432 with a 4mm lens (because 2.8mm was not available at the time) in my kitchen in 3MP mode.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison shots. Not really sure when lens I would prefer. I'm sure I could make use of both a 2.8mm and 4mm. So I'll probably start with the 2.8mm and see how it works out.

Any recommendations on where to source these cameras in Canada?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depending on what you're trying to view, camera angle is just as important.

crimsondr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using them as a nanny cam. I plan on putting them in rooms where the baby normally is so that I can have a record if there are any "accidents" or similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Also plan on using as a general baby monitor at night when baby is sleeping in another room.