Camera placement recommendations?

chuckfinn

n3wb
Reaction score
If possible I'd probaubly look into a 7th camera to cover that "master suite" window. I know #5 might see them but I think its too far away. Also I'd do an 8th directly above the front entrance but overall I think it looks good. You'll got multiply angles which gives you multiply shots of no gooders. IMO an NVR is ok but there are so many advatages to BI. For me one of the big ones is the ability to use basically any type of camera from any manufacturer in the same system. I've had decent luck with ACTi and Reolink cameras which are on 2 different ends of the spectrum & that goes back to that advantage thing I was speaking of. I will say that it will take some tinkering to get right but ALL the tools are there. Im actually looking for a good doorbell cam also...thinking about Armcrest. Anyhow GL and most importantly...congrats on the newborn! Enjoy because they grow up fast!!! Ron
I agree about the master bedroom however there is no soffit to mount on that backside of the house. I was thinking I should be okay as long as I cover all the approaches to that area. Your recommendation for #8 might need to happen but I think I might wait and see on it. You bring up a great point for BI since I haven't chosen a doorbell cam yet, I might be mix and matching companies. Thanks for the help and the well wishes!