Camera Placement - House Blueprint Attached

jhuang423

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently doing a remodel and will be installing security cameras. My house is completely attached, so there is no space between me and my neighbors. The other issue is my garage door is in-dented in (see picture below).
I was thinking of the following camera locations, but think it's overkill with 5 in the front:

1. This will capture the space around garage area (right side)
2. This will capture the space around garage area (left side)
3. capture the street right side
4. capture the street left side
5. capture the drive way

This is a 2 story house with an entrance downstairs and upstairs.
I think putting cameras at location 3 and 4 with a wide angle at 5 would be sufficient.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not think it is over kill. I currently have 3 outside cameras and one inside camera for the front door. Two cameras down the drive way.

I would add a camera at the turn in the stairs going up., point out and down.
I would add a camera at the top of the inside stairs pointing down.

Is there a place that the fedex, amazon,UPS.... drop packages. If so a camera covering that spot mounted low.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently doing a remodel and will be installing security cameras. My house is completely attached, so there is no space between me and my neighbors. The other issue is my garage door is in-dented in (see picture below).
I was thinking of the following camera locations, but think it's overkill with 5 in the front:

1. This will capture the space around garage area (right side)
2. This will capture the space around garage area (left side)
3. capture the street right side
4. capture the street left side
5. capture the drive way

This is a 2 story house with an entrance downstairs and upstairs.
I think putting cameras at location 3 and 4 with a wide angle at 5 would be sufficient.
Welcome @jhuang423

Sounds like a plan - time to start to test the locations with a decent IP camera and the test rig.

Also southernyankee's recommendations are good - I would test those spots also.

remember over cable during the remodel - you don't have to mount cameras at all the spots, but better to have the cables run now.

jhuang423

n3wb
Reaction score
There isn't a place for fedex or amazon to put packages. I am planning on putting one on top of the stairs as well.

Thanks!