Camera picture showing up...weird at night

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to Blue Iris and brand new to IPCamTalk. I don't know exactly how to describe what I'm dealing with here so I guess I'll just show you.

EastSide.20210319_215433731.jpg

I just hung the camera and it was showing up fine when my flood lights were on before the IR night vision turned on. Now it just looks...bad around the edges. Any ideas? I'm hoping it's a setting and not a bad camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Total IR bounce - force it to color and it will be fine...dark but fine LOL

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it is only IR bounce rather than a smudged lens with IR bounce. The blur on the left looks like lens reflection artifacts to me.

Reaction score
Total IR bounce - force it to color and it will be fine...dark but fine LOL
I can't figure out how to force it to color. I'm assuming you mean in the camera settings and not Blue Iris though. For what it's worth it's a Dahua N43AL52. I tried moving it away from the vinyl siding and it helped...some. It looks way better without the cover on it. I can't figure out how to get it to look okay with the cover on. Here is what I'm talking about.

Selection_006.png
Top is with the cover off and bottom is with it on.

I also installed another camera today (same model) and it looks like total trash during night time. It's on my shed and not by vinyl siding.

Selection_007.png

Any settings I can look into?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is one of the many problems why a lot of people here avoid domes - you now have IR bleed where the foam/rubber seal is not seating properly to the dome so it is bouncing all off the interior of the dome. Or it had sat too long in one spot and left a mark on the inside of the dome that needs cleaned.

You need to wipe the dome clean and insure that the foam or rubber gasket is not catching somewhere and allowing IR to pass.

In the camera setting is a day and night and it is probably set to auto - change it to color and see what the image looks like that will confirm it is IR bleed from internal.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is make and model of camera ?
Is it a dome, then the dome need to be cleaned.
Is the camera water tight and does it have good dry desiccant .
Post a picture of the mounting location of the camera, include any outside lighting within 15 ft.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its not fogging up on the inside is it?
I've had a factory sealed bullet do this before.
Cheapo Dahua bullet with not much care.

Luckily it was easy to unscrew, dry and place more silica gel packs inside.

I haven't had any issues with my domes outside doing the same (yet).