Camera picture looking very strange NEED HELP

IKROWNI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone i just recently purchased this camera set

LaView LV-KNT984A42W4 4MP zoom HD 8 Channel NVR PoE IP Security System, with 2pcs 4MP (2688 x 1520p) and 4pcs 2MP (1920 x 1080p) Bullet Camera (No HDD Included, Sold Separately) – NeweggFlash.com

one of the cameras has a very strange picture to it.

Im completely new to security cameras and dont know if i got a faulty camera or maybe it could be something else. What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I should add that while watching the timer i can see that it only updates the live feed every ~5 seconds

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try hitting the side of the camera with the palm of your hand, about as hard as you would to break an egg.

Try resetting the camera. Here's what LaView says:
First you will need to find the reset button. Unplug any power and video source from the camera first. Look at the back of the camera and there should be a reset button. Hold down the button, with the power still disconnected. While still holding the button down, plug power into the camera and continue to hold the button for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds from the power being plugged in, release the reset button and the camera should reboot and be set back to factory defaults.

Reaction score
I have just today setup my new camera, it worked perfectly once I worked out what to do, but tonight the picture has gone strange like it’s zoomed in but I didn’t touch it. I turn the iPad on the pic comes on then straight away goes into the blurry mode. I have an app on my iPad and that works fine just not as good as a proper camera

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have just today setup my new camera, it worked perfectly once I worked out what to do, but tonight the picture has gone strange like it’s zoomed in but I didn’t touch it. I turn the iPad on the pic comes on then straight away goes into the blurry mode. I have an app on my iPad and that works fine just not as good as a proper camera
What camera model and what software version?

Reaction score
Oh thank you, the iPad works fine on an app, I should have stuck with that. I’ve had people doing things to my car and need to catch them