Camera overlay only on recorded video

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys;

I have overlays disabled on all of my cameras and direct to disk recording enabled as well.

On one of my cameras however, I see the date and time overlay, but only on recorded clips.

Has anyone else seen this issue? It seems to have appeared when I updated to 5.3.6.7

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a bug in newer version being discussed in a few other threads...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj beat me to it, but I already typed this out for you.

There's a thread already on here about this. Go into the camera config, then the overlay config and delete the date and time overlays, even if they are not showing in there. You may also want to go into the Webcast tab and disable them there as well.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, great thanks. I'll do that. It makes me wonder however if it's using extra unnecessary cpu and not really doing direct to disk if overlays are showing up.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If the overlays aren't being dislayed, they are only being recorded and the added CPU utilization is minuscule.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess as long as the software isn't decoding the video, adding the overlay and re-encoding the stream, all should be good.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
i just found it irritaing or distracting to have the overlay on top of the camera overlay so I shut them all down.