Camera overlay font change only works on mainstream?

Reaction score
On an IPTC -5442ZE (zoom, varifocal), I'm finding that making the date/time overlay font smaller only works on the main stream. On the sub-stream recorded in Blue Iris, the overlay reverts to the much larger default font. This seems to be the only one of my cameras where this happens. Has anyone else seen this? I just updated the firmware - not sure if it was happening before on the previous version of the firmware.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that same thing. I don't think that it does that on any of my 5442s with the firmware that I'm running but it does for a 5842. Just kind of seems to do what it wants on that one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lower resolution means the "pixel" blocks are larger and if the text were smaller in substream, it would just be white boxes LOL.

Reaction score
The lower resolution means the "pixel" blocks are larger and if the text were smaller in substream, it would just be white boxes LOL.
Actually, that's not true - some of my other cams the reduced font size is perfectly readable on the substream.

Here's one that works right and one that doesn't. Both are untriggered substreams.

1662503481359.png

1662503498734.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^It was somewhat of a joke, hence the LOL. All of mine are larger on the substreams and I didn't see a way to change it.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, but this is a different effect. I know what they're talking about. I somehow finally got mine to stick with something that looked reasonable but before it was huge. I just changed it back and I have the same again. Both 4K cams with 704x480 substream and font attribute set to 48x48.

48x48.PNG

ETA: Set my 5842 to self-adaptive and it's as shown for the Color4K-X on the multi-cam screen in BI. If I view the substream directly in the cam, it's the huge version. You'd think that they'd both be the same since it's the same substream. :idk:

Self-Adaptive.PNG

Last edited: