Camera Not Saving Recording (Solved)

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I recently moved my BI4 to another machine and have run into a problem. Situation: Exported settings on previous machine to new one. I have BI set to save to machine it is now on, call it the Server, on a RAID drive. This is the same setup I had on the other computer, but its own RAID drive. All other camera recordings save fine except the Foscam (R2 V3) one. When utilizing the same settings as the other cameras, Direct to Disk, BVR, etc. any recording initiated on the Foscam acts it like it’s recording but it does not save the recording nor can it be accessed while it is recording. (Unable to open file: 80000002) When I check the folder there are no recordings from this camera there.

The only exception I have been able to produce is as follows: If I set it to Re-Encode rather than Direct to Disk it saves the file, which is not acceptable for going forward.

I’ve included images of all of my settings for this camera. I did not experience this problem on the other machine. I have tried deleting the camera and adding it new. I have rebuilt the database. Neither fixed the problem. I have tried resetting the folder instructions in the Options screen. Anyone have any ideas?

Options.jpg Shopcam2-1.jpg Shopcam2-2.jpg Shopcam2-3.jpg Shopcam2-4.jpg Shopcam2-5.jpg

Last edited:

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally figured it out so I thought I would post the solution in case anyone else ran into the same problem. It was the "H.264 HW decode" setting. Apparently, although the R2 camera is H.264, this current iteration of BI4 does not play well with it when utilizing the Intel HW. With it set to "No" with "also BVR" checked it records and keeps the recording.