Camera noise only when viewing on BI mobile app

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get a strange noise (three sharp bursts of feedback, sometimes soft, sometimes LOUD) when initially viewing any of my cameras or alerts via the mobile app. The same cameras work fine viewing via the desktop with no odd noises.

This started a few weeks ago with the stable 5.7 release, and I've since upgraded to the latest 5.8.01 release with no improvement. Mobile app is the latest release 2.03.07 on iOS. Cameras are a mix of Dahua and Vivotek. Server is a standard Win 10 box, up to date.

I haven't changed my config for months so I'm a bit puzzled as to what happened. I've tried the usual troubleshooting of rebooting the server, the cameras and trying multiple phones.

Any ideas? Thanks for any pointers.

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone? I'm running 5.8.0.10 now with the same iOS app (2.03.07), still have this problem and it's damn annoying.

Edit: I just discovered that I can trigger the noise by changing the motion rectangles setting on any alert. So it must be a bug in the mobile app...

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
FWIW, this is confirmed as a bug in the mobile app on iOS 17, to be fixed shortly.

Blackhawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This was fixed in the 2.04 iOS release on November 8th.