Camera Mounting Suggestions

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a huisun/imporx mini ptz that i wanted to install on the white vertical panel under the eaves. I wanted to install the cam to a junction box attached to the house, so that if i had to replace the camera with something else down the road, I wouldn't have to drill more holes into the house. I wanted to use a junction box, but i didnt want to camera to stick out past the eaves overhang.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks20160209_185730.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like you should do a corner mount in that location if your putting up a PTZ.. why have 180 degree view when you could have a 270 degrees of motion.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice idea Nayr! I was originally only thinking about covering the driveway, but it'll be nice to have the option to pan around the corner. By doing a corner mount, I'll also have more coverage under eaves. Any suggestion on corner mount brackets for my small fairly cam? And where would I put the junction box?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I saw someone here mount that Huisun on a corner with just a wedge shaped piece of wood to give it a 90 degree offset mounting point.. I am sure you could attach something like that to the junciton box to offset it.

IIRC in the massive Huisun thread on here, mebe you can find the pic if you dig deep enough.