Camera Mounting on a Stucco House - Help

jmart

n3wb
Reaction score
So far this forum has been a great help. I'm getting ready to order an Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2E and 4 of the Dahua starlight cameras to start with. (Model IPC-HDW5231R-ZE). I attached some pictures of my home and I am trying to figure out the best way to mount the cameras to a stucco wall, or do I mount them higher, which I don't think would be ideal. If anyone has a stucco house that could also post some pics that would be awesome! I was looking at the PFC203W mounts to attach directly to the stucco.

I attached the 2 pictures one of the front of the house and one of the front door.

SideOrFrontofGarageMarkup.jpg

FrontDoorCloseMarkup.jpg

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree, and not sure where your cables are coming from, but if they are coming from the attic, you should run a piece of grey pvc from the soffit down to your mounting box to cover the cables. You can drill a 3/4 or 1 inch hole in the soffit to fit the conduit, then seal around it once everything is mounted. This can be painted afterwards to match the house.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So far this forum has been a great help. I'm getting ready to order an Dahua NVR 5216-16P-4KS2E and 4 of the Dahua starlight cameras to start with. (Model IPC-HDW5231R-ZE). I attached some pictures of my home and I am trying to figure out the best way to mount the cameras to a stucco wall, or do I mount them higher, which I don't think would be ideal. If anyone has a stucco house that could also post some pics that would be awesome! I was looking at the PFC203W mounts to attach directly to the stucco.

I attached the 2 pictures one of the front of the house and one of the front door.
Hi Jmart,

I ran my wires down inside the wall and then came out to either a PFB203W wall mount ( the model for the HDW52xxR-Z ) or a PFA137 or PFA121 junction box, this was because I wanted to minimize the size of the holes I would be drilling.

For a turret I would now also consider the new PFA130E junction box as it is nicer than the PFA137 one.

For the front door I would place the camera lower, about 5 feet high as I like to maximize the chances of a good facial ID. This does mean that if someone places a box by the foot of the door I will not catch that on camera. ( so some like a camera watching for packages, and a camera catching facial images by the door )

I installed the mini-dome wedge camera by the door and it works well, tho I did need to drill a larger hole to flush mount the camera.

I had to remove a section of dry wall by the wall to help route the cables to the wall - if you plan it right you can just cut a section from one stud to the next ( about 16" typically ) ... after finishing the cabling placed the drywall section back and plastered - sanded - painted - and it now looks good. ( This also allowed to be be certain that the junction box at least was 1/2 over a stud - so I could put at least a couple of longer screws into the stud )

If you have access to the top of the wall from above - you can use a flex drill bit to drill down and with a hole in the stucco on the outside and a flex pole you can fish the cable to the outside. As I could not do that I had to go w/cutting a section of drywall off. ( not too bad if this is in the garage )

I do like the wall mount PFB203W as well as the PFA130E / PFA121 ( for the boxy bullets - for cases when you need a better zoom than the turrets )

Remember to test your locations.

Note, if you plan to use conduit to bring the cable to the junction box - you should use one of the junction boxes ( not the wall mount ).

trucams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a hip framed roof. Due to the tight space at the building corners and blown in attic insulation, I opted not to try fishing through the wall. As @bababouy said, I opted for junction boxes and conduit from the soffit/eve to lower the mounting point. Waiting for drier/warmer weather to paint to match wall. Here is an example.

0C522D78-0481-45AB-AE3A-B8F095858BC7.jpeg