Camera mount that raises camera?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a client with a crazy neighbor throwing rocks from their back yard over at their cars.

client has a ranch house. We have a 4MP Dahua camera pointing right at him but he is out of range. Camera is mounted on soffit.

Any ideas? Can I lift the camera up higher to get a better angle? Is there a mount for this specific need?

perhaps this may be the solution for a colorvu camera?

@Wildcat_1 any guidance?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah the soffit is messing with your IR and its probably a bit high. I'd lower.

The colorvue will shine white light like a spot, why not just add a spot and force this one to color mode?

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry, Spot or floodlight
they do have floodlights all over the house already, not currently on though.

the bigger concern is trying to make it so it’s not “purposely video recording a neighbors property” - as you can see here - this camera is viewing the hot tub, not the neighbors yard.

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that a bullet otr a turret? Ive had better luck with bullets under eaves, idea is to get the elns out away from the eave/soffit..
it is turret. We usually have no issues, but due to the circumstances - we have this one angled up as much as possible.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Castle, good to hear from you. Agree with @bigredfish and you really need to balance the install a little due to the Ir splash back killing a lot of that shot. While the turret can get A shot, you might want to investigate either billet cams OR even switch out for a varifocal turret to get you a little closer to the action and grab THE shot. Your current turret although great cam just won’t have the FOV you ideally need based on assumed distance to target. A B5442 or better yet, Z4 variant would get you an even cleaner shot but you could probably get what you need from the standard.

Feel free to DM me or reach out directly.

it is turret. We usually have no issues, but due to the circumstances - we have this one angled up as much as possible.