Camera mount- lock in....

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a couple of camera mounts (Dahua and another IR mount) that are add odd angles. I can go and move them around a little bit by hand... I'd like them a little more secure.

I was wondering if there is a way to more permanently tighten them up. I have been thinking perhaps some super glue on the ball to permanently lock it down. If there was some mid range solution that would be better too. Maybe Loctite blue?

I am not a weak dude so I think I have the mounts pretty locked down. I am actually worried about snow fall off the roof on the cameras in the winter knocking them out of position.

Or maybe there is a video or something showing some tricks on this? Especialy Dahua...

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a couple of camera mounts (Dahua and another IR mount) that are add odd angles. I can go and move them around a little bit by hand... I'd like them a little more secure.

I was wondering if there is a way to more permanently tighten them up. I have been thinking perhaps some super glue on the ball to permanently lock it down. If there was some mid range solution that would be better too. Maybe Loctite blue?

I am not a weak dude so I think I have the mounts pretty locked down. I am actually worried about snow fall off the roof on the cameras in the winter knocking them out of position.

Or maybe there is a video or something showing some tricks on this? Especialy Dahua...
I use something similar to this:

What I use is called Plasti Loka that I buy in Mexico but it's essentially the same stuff. Once it's dry, it's waterproof and hardens within an hour.

Give that a shot. Since you have a bit of leverage (I'm assume these are bullets), you should be able to "break" the seal in the future if so required.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use something similar to this:

What I use is called Plasti Loka that I buy in Mexico but it's essentially the same stuff. Once it's dry, it's waterproof and hardens within an hour.

Give that a shot. Since you have a bit of leverage (I'm assume these are bullets), you should be able to "break" the seal in the future if so required.
I was thinking about Epoxy putty. Glad to see someone else tried it first with some success....

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I was thinking about Epoxy putty. Glad to see someone else tried it first with some success....
I haven't used it for your situation but this stuff has worked for a lot of stuff. I used it to stick my shower gel/shampoo dispenser to the shower wall. Two years later it's still stuck.