Camera lights on-off

Cor

Getting the hang of it
May 5, 2017
Hello all,

I just installed a new Dahua Camera ( IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2 ) I was expecting infrared , but it has 2 bright white LEDS. Not so important and with half of the brightness of the LEDS it gives a good quality.
But I don't want to have the lights on the whole night ( all this energy saving nowadays) , so I turned it off.

On the Blue iris app , I see a button with a lightbulb , I hoped this was to turn on the light of the camera. but it isn't........ is it?
Is there a way to turn on-off the lights via Blue iris , this would also be nice for my other cameras with IR-light.

Thanks,
Cor

From the help file in Blue Iris - page 40

1671793325997.png

@mikeynags , thanks , that I was expecting but I don't see a difference when I click that light bulb on the app.
Anyone knows what setting has to be on on the camera itself , or if Dahua even supports this?

@bigredfish : maybe because you are using it as a security camera? ; I just wants to know what is going on when I look, the cameras are not for unwanted visitors.

Thanks,
Cornelis

@Cor did you managed to find a solution? I'm also looking for ways to turn the white LEDs only when the motion is triggered, and not all night. Thanks

@Cor did you managed to find a solution? I'm also looking for ways to turn the white LEDs only when the motion is triggered, and not all night. Thanks
@aristobrat used these HTTP comands with his AS-LED here:

@Doland used these HTTP commands with his IPC-HDW2439TN-AS-LED-S2 here :

Once you find the correct HTTP commands that work with a browser, configure Blue Iris to issue the HTTP command to turn on the LEDs when motion is detected.

Reactions: Vali Ene