Camera keeps saying no signal for a few seconds

GlassCurtain

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good afternoon! Just a little backstory first. I work for an IT company. We recently have taken over servicing a camera system for a customer. Since the camera software and the cameras all had admin passwords that were unknown plus it was a Linux machine, I just decided to install windows and blue iris. I then factory reset all the cameras and set everything back up. Everything is up and running fine but there a couple of cameras that are older IQEye brand that they need audio on. I set them up with the H.246 stream it works fine for several minutes and then says No Signal for a few seconds then the image is back for a few more minutes and then No Signal again. I looked at the logs it says "Signal: Network retry" then "Signal: Restored". If I set it up as a MJPEG stream it works fine but it doesn't support audio. Are there some things I can check to keep the RTSP stream from cutting out like that?

Thank you!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using BI's included drop-down menus for "IQEye" and "RTSP" that provides the video path "/now.MP4" ?

GlassCurtain

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does that same path provide reliable video & audio when using only VLC or does it also cut out?
Ok! I just tried that. I've got a good stream through VLC. So it's probably a setting in BI?

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good afternoon! Just a little backstory first. I work for an IT company. We recently have taken over servicing a camera system for a customer. Since the camera software and the cameras all had admin passwords that were unknown plus it was a Linux machine, I just decided to install windows and blue iris. I then factory reset all the cameras and set everything back up. Everything is up and running fine but there a couple of cameras that are older IQEye brand that they need audio on. I set them up with the H.246 stream it works fine for several minutes and then says No Signal for a few seconds then the image is back for a few more minutes and then No Signal again. I looked at the logs it says "Signal: Network retry" then "Signal: Restored". If I set it up as a MJPEG stream it works fine but it doesn't support audio. Are there some things I can check to keep the RTSP stream from cutting out like that?

Thank you!

not sure if this will help... The image I am showing you are NOT the cameras I have audio on.. these are just regular cameras..
however I do have 16 cameras with audio.. and i notice i get the signal lost quite often... after settings up the sub stream.. it sill happened.. then i bumped up the recieve buffer,... to about 25 i think.. and it seemed to go away...

this may not be a guarantee fix, but it worked with my system.2020-09-08 10_21_46-Window.png

GlassCurtain

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not sure if this will help... The image I am showing you are NOT the cameras I have audio on.. these are just regular cameras..
however I do have 16 cameras with audio.. and i notice i get the signal lost quite often... after settings up the sub stream.. it sill happened.. then i bumped up the recieve buffer,... to about 25 i think.. and it seemed to go away...

this may not be a guarantee fix, but it worked with my system.
I'll give it a shot! It was at 6mb so I bumped it to 12mb when troubleshooting but I didn't know how high I could bump it. I'll try it and report back. Thank you.

GlassCurtain

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

this may not be a guarantee fix, but it worked with my system.
Thank you so much! I think it's working! It actually wasn't the buffer. I turned off "Send RTSP keep-alives" and I have stable video. I'm guessing whatever signal it was sending for a keep-alive was just messing with the stream on these older cameras. Thanks again for getting me to that page so I could play around with those settings!