Camera IP camera issue

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently manage several Canon VB-H45 cameras that are each connected to its own Cradlepoint router for remote usage. I have a total of 3 cameras that are currently under maintenance and testing. I am trying to configure them for usage in Blue Iris but one of them is not able to connect using onvif.

All cameras can be reached through their IP address/ports, routers can be configured remotely via NCM. There is no issue with connection with other VMS software.

Troubleshooting steps.

1. Backup settings for working VB-H45 and booted them into the non working one, no change in ability to connect to camera through onvif.
2. Backup settings for working cradlepoint and booted them into cradlepoint connected to non working camera setup
3. Factory reset of both camera and router with no change in connection status.

The other two cameras both work in Blue Iris and can be connected using the specified ports.

I can't figure out why only one is not connecting via onvif, while the other 2 are.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are cameras assigned unique static IP's in the same subnet as the BI server's LAN but outside of the router's DHCP pool?

If this is a recent version of BI v5 (5.6.2.1 or later) have you disabled BI's feature where it can connect using the cam's MAC address and then put it the cam's static IP?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are cameras assigned unique static IP's in the same subnet as the BI server's LAN but outside of the router's DHCP pool?

If this is a recent version of BI v5 (5.6.2.1 or later) have you disabled BI's feature where it can connect using the cam's MAC address and then put it the cam's static IP?
Yes they are,

So i figured out the problem. I also have a Peplink with a Static IP on my desk used to power the Blue Iris Server.
Blue Iris Server - Static IP address is 107.80.40.226 Gateway 107.80.40.225,
Cradlepoint Static IP is 107.80.40.225 Gateway 107.80.40.224.

There ended up being a conflict and a packet collision. Apparently my IT said there shouldn't be an issue and the Gateway has no part in the traffic getting passed through. Obviously they were wrong....

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently my IT said there shouldn't be an issue and the Gateway has no part in the traffic getting passed through. Obviously they were wrong....
Yes, they were....The BI server's GW setting and the Cradlepoint's LAN IP are the same, a no-no if they are, in fact, on the same LAN.