Camera IP address change detection in latest release

RRaider

n3wb
Reaction score
I lost power to a portion of my network, when the power was restored Blue Iris changed the IP of 2 of the 4 cameras that lost power to the ip of the router and the other 2 cameras to the IP of one of the 2 cameras that was changed to that of the router. I'm rolling back to the previous version of BI but just a heads up to other users and feedback for the BI folks if they actually read this forum.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, so where are they? I have searched and this is the only thread I can find on it. Sorry to be so (insert insult here), but I am having this problem which results in having the same image twice in my lineup. Plus the lack of one camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Unless you like headaches or don't care to be a beta tester (which we do need and are thankful of those doing that), once you find a stable version of BI, resist the urge to update until they add something that is of value to you. Especially now with all the frequent changes trying to get SenseAI to work more seamlessly.

I am still on 5.5.something because Deepstack simply works for me and I have seen lots of issues with the new SenseAI and nothing new has been added since my version that I care about. Most here do not update and do not have auto update on and only update when something new is added they want. Previously I was on an older version until substreams were introduced and then I stayed on that stable version until DeepStack was added then I went to that stable version, and I am holding tight there until something is added that I feel I need or would enhance my system. This MAC address thing is good for some, but as you are seeing, it can also be a headache.

Many people here are still on Version 4 because that works for them.

OBXJeepGuy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Unless you like headaches or don't care to be a beta tester (which we do need and are thankful of those doing that), once you find a stable version of BI, resist the urge to update until they add something that is of value to you. Especially now with all the frequent changes trying to get SenseAI to work more seamlessly.

I am still on 5.5.something because Deepstack simply works for me and I have seen lots of issues with the new SenseAI and nothing new has been added since my version that I care about. Most here do not update and do not have auto update on and only update when something new is added they want. Previously I was on an older version until substreams were introduced and then I stayed on that stable version until DeepStack was added then I went to that stable version, and I am holding tight there until something is added that I feel I need or would enhance my system. This MAC address thing is good for some, but as you are seeing, it can also be a headache.

Many people here are still on Version 4 because that works for them.
Thanks for the references! Yeah, I’m going to back mine down to a previous version tonight. I do get “update happy”, so I’ll have to knock that off.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the references! Yeah, I’m going to back mine down to a previous version tonight. I do get “update happy”, so I’ll have to knock that off.
It is easy to get update happy LOL - I have done it as well and then got burned, so now I resist it until something changes or I have a lot of time on my hands in case something goes bonkers LOL.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I lost power to a portion of my network, when the power was restored Blue Iris changed the IP of 2 of the 4 cameras that lost power to the ip of the router and the other 2 cameras to the IP of one of the 2 cameras that was changed to that of the router. I'm rolling back to the previous version of BI but just a heads up to other users and feedback for the BI folks if they actually read this forum.

I wouldn't think that is an NVR issue as I have observed cameras defaulting to DHCP on a power brownout. Which I see an installation doing that what is above if it is not a seperate network from the home internet network.