Camera for Front Door w/ Audio

botics

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking to purchase my first IPCam with Audio / Microphone - would like to be able to talk back if possible, for my front door. Going with BI and want something really nice.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking to purchase my first IPCam with Audio / Microphone - would like to be able to talk back if possible, for my front door. Going with BI and want something really nice.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Agree with @looney2ns that the 1831's are great little cams in general but the PIR version for this application are good here, small form factor and good all round image. I'll also throw a shout out for the much loved 5231R-ZE (Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE). Mounted one of these on my front door a month or so back and love it there as well. Although a little large for some (and depends on your mounting locations, what surrounds your front door etc) I love it for this use, great camera, super versatile, handles changing light conditions on a porch well while also being able to shine in its Starlight functionality if needed.