Camera direct to monitor

Reaction score
Hi all
I have a Hikvision ds-2ce56dot-ir camera and want to hook it directly to a monitor. I have a bnc to RCA converter, however when its plugged into the video input all I get is lines across the tv. If I plug it into the green component jack of the tv i get a picture but its black and white. Does this camera require a ahd to hdmi converter to get a good picture on the tv.
Thanks in advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all
I have a Hikvision ds-2ce56dot-ir camera and want to hook it directly to a monitor. I have a bnc to RCA converter, however when its plugged into the video input all I get is lines across the tv. If I plug it into the green component jack of the tv i get a picture but its black and white. Does this camera require a ahd to hdmi converter to get a good picture on the tv.
Thanks in advance
That is a TVI camera (not AHD) and will not work as a cvbs camera (though some analog over hd cams allow you to output a low res image).
You will need a converter like this its 82 dollars once you login. HikvisionHD-TVI to HDMI Converter
Or you can buy this 80 dollar TVI dvr and have the option to record if you add a drive and it costs less than the converter HikvisionTurbo Series 4-Channel 1080p HD-TVI DVR with No HDD

Reaction score
One more question.
If the monitor is over 50' from the DVR what kind of cable can I use between the two.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One more question.
If the monitor is over 50' from the DVR what kind of cable can I use between the two.
Put the dvr next to the monitor...that is the simplest way to do it...otherwise you will have issues as 50f hdmi cables may not work right and be hard to run...you will need to get an hdmi over cat5/6 adapter at an additional cost.