Camera dimensions help

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
After doing some searching here and the sellers' websites, I came up empty.
Does anyone know the dimensions of the Huisun or Imporx PTZ cameras (apparently identical), and how far do they protrude from the wall when mounted?

Concerning the Longse S500: I would want to mount it flat on the wall (front porch), rather than using an overhead "L" bracket that I think is too obtrusive.
Would there be an issue with proper adjustment (tilting) of the camera if it's mounted to the wall?
I have not purchase these units as yet, just mapping out some plans and running cat5e's.
Howiegood

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
they are fairly compact for bullet PTZ. when i mounted mine, i measured and found I needed 4" radius from the pivot point of clearance,
whcich i just had under the eves where i installed it. So the whole thing fits & turns in the space of an 8" diameter sphere, with maybe
an extra 1 inch or 2 at the back side for the mount. sorry i can't be more specific, as i don't have one lying here to measure for you...

as for turrets on the wall, sure, go for it. Only issue may be if you need to angle it too far off from the axis perpendicular to the wall
(to look straight down or far to either side, for example) you may get IR reflections off the wall at night...