Camera and mounting suggestion

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need an IP camera for indoor use that has IR. It needs to be compatible with Blue Iris.

I would like something that isn't very noticeable, so I don't want a "bullet" camera. But, I also need to mount it 45 degrees to a wall joint like this:
IpCamCorner.jpg

A dome camera would be fine, but I don't see how a dome camera could be mounted like this.

Any suggestions??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Any 3 axis dome or turret can be mounted like that....what are you using this for? is low light/night vision important?

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
minimal IR is important - I have a Hikvision 3-axis dome camera that I have mounted outdoors. I can't see how it could be mounted so it's aimed 45 degrees to the walls though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
minimal IR is important - I have a Hikvision 3-axis dome camera that I have mounted outdoors. I can't see how it could be mounted so it's aimed 45 degrees to the walls though.
Whats the problem? Are you looking for a camera that will be flush with the two walls? What are you trying to capture?

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
<<Whats the problem?>>
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm looking for suggestions on mounting a camera as in the drawing - mounted at the joint of two walls facing towards the center of the room from the corner of the room.

<<Are you looking for a camera that will be flush with the two walls?>>
No - that's the issue - I don't want the camera to be flush with either wall.

<<What are you trying to capture?>>
Not sure why you're asking this - what relevance does it have to the question about mounting??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
<<Whats the problem?>>
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm looking for suggestions on mounting a camera as in the drawing - mounted at the joint of two walls facing towards the center of the room from the corner of the room.

<<Are you looking for a camera that will be flush with the two walls?>>
No - that's the issue - I don't want the camera to be flush with either wall.

<<What are you trying to capture?>>
Not sure why you're asking this - what relevance does it have to the question about mounting??
In the image you have posted there is a board behind the camera. So the question is how do you want to mount the camera?
Why cant the camera be flush with one of the walls?
Your goal is important since there is often more than one way to accomplish something. Why is this a secret?

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My goal isn't a secret - I just want to be able to monitor a hallways and a large open area (see below). Mounting the camera in the middle of a wall isn't a choice for a number of reasons. There is a hallway (dark shaded area) and a large room about 4 feet below (light shaded area). I'm trying to get one camera to monitor the whole area.
IpCamCorner1.jpg

What I would need is a triangular block of wood or plastic that allows a dome-camera to be mounted in a corner. I've never seen anything like that and am just trying to get ideas on how to best mount the camera in a corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My goal isn't a secret - I just want to be able to monitor a hallways and a large open area (see below). Mounting the camera in the middle of a wall isn't a choice for a number of reasons. There is a hallway (dark shaded area) and a large room about 4 feet below (light shaded area). I'm trying to get one camera to monitor the whole area.
View attachment 7263

What I would need is a triangular block of wood or plastic that allows a dome-camera to be mounted in a corner. I've never seen anything like that and am just trying to get ideas on how to best mount the camera in a corner.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-definition-2-0mp-hd-1080p-corner-elevator/241975145.html

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
View attachment 7263

You might as well do a 360 fisheye on the ceiling if you want to see down both hallways.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hikvision-DS-2CD6362F-IS-6MP-Fisheye-Camera-360-view-angle-Audio-Alarm-I-O/1049198_32255558910.html

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...What I would need is a triangular block of wood or plastic that allows a dome-camera to be mounted in a corner. I've never seen anything like that and am just trying to get ideas on how to best mount the camera in a corner.
I fabricated such a block for a camera mount. I used a 6-inch long piece of 4x4 which I cut on a table saw. I don't have a picture of the mount I constructed, but below is an image I pulled off of Google Images to show how the angle is cut (this example shows 1x lumber...not the 4x4 I used). You can also find other ideas on Google Images...

https://www.google.com/search?q=corner-mount+wood&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL1aTrpvfJAhUE2SYKHdsNBxcQ_AUICCgC&biw=1440&bih=749#imgrc=_

Attachments

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I fabricated such a block for a camera mount. I used a 6-inch long piece of 4x4 which I cut on a table saw. I don't have a picture of the mount I constructed, but below is an image I pulled off of Google Images to show how the angle is cut (this example shows 1x lumber...not the 4x4 I used). You can also find other ideas on Google Images...

https://www.google.com/search?q=corner-mount+wood&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiL1aTrpvfJAhUE2SYKHdsNBxcQ_AUICCgC&biw=1440&bih=749#imgrc=_
That's kind of what I need. I really only need to attach a dome camera with the top two screws, and they'd be level with each other, so a 1" piece of wood should be all I need. I would then only need to attach the wood piece to the wall with angle brackets.

thanks for that suggestion.

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure I need a fisheye - a 4mm lens (1/4" sensor) seems to be wide enough.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's kind of what I need. I really only need to attach a dome camera with the top two screws, and they'd be level with each other, so a 1" piece of wood should be all I need. I would then only need to attach the wood piece to the wall with angle brackets.

thanks for that suggestion.
I simply glued mine with construction adhesive I got at Home Depot; I used blue masking tape to hold it in place while the glue dried.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bert, I have two of these and the image is very impressive: