Cam 4 No Signal; Actually Has Substream, No Main. After BI Crash

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No changes to this cam or its settings though I was messing with another in the same box. All had been running
for a few days and today at about 1PM ALL recording to the SATA stopped as for unknown reasons the drive is not seen. All the cams appear to be fine, all show the red dot indicating they are trying to record, but have yellow triangles that I've determined means that they are seeing/sending/ but it's not writing. I restart the drive only, windows sees it. I try to restart BI but it's not responding. Force-quit BI, reboot WIN 10, get it all back and running, but cam 4 has this new problem. In the web gui I can see the sub running. I snipped all the settings panels. BI 5.3.1.6 ~ being pestered to "upgrade" to 5322. Not feeling comfy about upgrading yet. Can you folks see what went teats-up? Annotation 2020-08-29 110117.jpgAnnotation 2020-08-29 140128.jpgAnnotation 2020-08-29 140326.jpgAnnotation 2020-08-29 140418.jpgAnnotation 2020-08-29 140457.jpgAnnotation 2020-08-29 140655.jpg

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To follow up, I made no changes and a while later, Cam 4 started working again. I'm glad it's working...but this is the kind of thing that keeps me from being confident that my system is working when I need it,

Reaction score
In just about every thread that I have seen where someone was having intermittent cam connections issues it has turned out to be a bad cable. Either one of the jacks went bad, a cut in the cable, or moisture.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In just about every thread that I have seen where someone was having intermittent cam connections issues it has turned out to be a bad cable. Either one of the jacks went bad, a cut in the cable, or moisture.
That might be the case. It's all brand new U/G Cat6; The good news is that as there are three of them in the mailbox hide, I can readily switch them to see if (assuming a recurrence) the issue follows the cam or the wire (or the port).
Blue iris doesn't pester you to update unless YOU set it to "pester" you.
Fair enough, but the real question is: Should I upgrade or sit this one out? My BI is less than perfectly stable.

Reaction score
That might be the case. It's all brand new U/G Cat6; The good news is that as there are three of them in the mailbox hide, I can readily switch them to see if (assuming a recurrence) the issue follows the cam or the wire (or the port).

Fair enough, but the real question is: Should I upgrade or sit this one out? My BI is less than perfectly stable.
If my system is running fine i never upgrade. If you are having issues revert back to a time you had no issues. I have never updated any of my cameras.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MrSurly - I believe your issue is you have the main and sub as the same feed - in the substream change the 0 to 1 in the subtype=0. I think BI is getting confused as to the substream that should be a lower quality.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MrSurly - I believe your issue is you have the main and sub as the same feed - in the substream change the 0 to 1 in the subtype=0. I think BI is getting confused as to the substream that should be a lower quality.
Good deal. I’ll give that a look this evening. I’m currently running yet more cat cable, working on more cam installs.