Bypass DND in DMSS on android

circutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with this. I have the latest dmss app running on a pixel 7 with the latest firmware.

At night I like to have my phone on do not disturb, but I also don't want to miss important notifications from dmss about what my cameras pick up. I currently have tripwire and intrusion alarms set for my cameras (as it was set from the installer). So far the cameras are pretty good at giving me notifications for what I want. However sometimes they give me false notifications and I don't want those to override my do not disturb and wake myself/the wife.

My camera which covers my garage and porch are pretty good at accurate notifications. There is sufficient lighting around them, so they usually record in color. The ones on the sides of my house, and one of my backyard ones both give incorrect notifications sometimes. They don't have as much light, and therefore record in IR mode. I find it can look almost like it's "raining" when it's really not. I'm not sure if there is a term for this or not. It looks like snow or rain falling, I believe it's just reflections of light. Luckily that doesn't set the notifications off, it just reduces what I can see. However on one side of the house, my HVAC vents out, and sometimes mine (or my neighbors) ventilation can set the notifications off. Also on the other side of my house, the notifications are mistakenly set off by my neighbor pulling in and out of his driveway (I believe it's the headlights that cause it).

So what I'm trying to get at, is there a way to pick and choose which notifications override the DND settings? I personally can't find it. Or, is there a better way to set up my tripwire/intrusion alarm so those false notifications don't happen? The model of the cameras that tend to get the incorrect notifications are HDW2431TP. Not sure if that matters.

Sorry for the lengthy message. Thanks in advance

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dust is a bitch, especially if you’re out in the country off of gravel roads. Where I live the night colors help being there’s no IR reflection making it look like snow or insect swarm but it’s so dark you take a big hit at night with blurry pictures and alarms don’t work unless you’re right up under camera or activate white leds. My solution was put in a couple thermals. But before those became “affordable” cheap little solar spotlights out across the acreage pointing away from house helped. I’d suggest for you playing with sensitivity under alarm/video detection/motion. About your vent, moving camera is about it, unless it’s positioned to where you can mask off the whole area.

circutz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I suppose that will be my only course of action. When you say you added thermals, what do you mean exactly? I may look into that as well.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I suppose that will be my only course of action. When you say you added thermals, what do you mean exactly? I may look into that as well.
Thermal imaging, heat signature. Doesn’t rely on illumination IMG_4687.pngIMG_2134.png