Buying Blue Iris SW

denisl

n3wb
Reaction score
I just setup my first cam and am running the BI trial.
I see i can buy directly from the BI website but also noticed foscam and others (like walmart) sell the BI software also.

Are they all identical? Does it matter if I buy from Walmart and save $10 vs buying directly off the BI site?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just setup my first cam and am running the BI trial.
I see i can buy directly from the BI website but also noticed foscam and others (like walmart) sell the BI software also.

Are they all identical? Does it matter if I buy from Walmart and save $10 vs buying directly off the BI site?

Thanks
They are identical (though some sellers were selling old v3 for a while, but i think that has stopped). I buy direct from the developer. Blue iris is developed by a single person not some huge company and I like to support the cause.

denisl

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. That's amazing BI is developed by one person. Good for him/her. Great product.
I'll buy direct also. Thanks.

mpfjr

n3wb
Reaction score
I have sent blue iris paypal for the cost of the software but have not received a serial number yet. I believe I did it sunday. Today I sent a follow up email asking for the status of the serial number along with a link to the paypal transaction and never heard back.

How long does this typically take? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have sent blue iris paypal for the cost of the software but have not received a serial number yet. I believe I did it sunday. Today I sent a follow up email asking for the status of the serial number along with a link to the paypal transaction and never heard back.

How long does this typically take? Thanks
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you are sending it with a standard email address so it doesnt go to spam. Also in the future simply buy via the website and you get your license immediately. http://blueirissoftware.com/purchase/

mpfjr

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Make sure you are sending it with a standard email address so it doesnt go to spam. Also in the future simply buy via the website and you get your license immediately. http://blueirissoftware.com/purchase/
Thank you for your response. I did not buy that way because I was angry that digital river tacked on some insane download protection fee of $9.00 Not sure what I should do now. Have PayPal refund the money or not? And yes I am aware you can uncheck the box to pay that extra fee. I was just angry at the blatant attempt to con extra money from people by digital river.

Also my ublock addon doesn't like the site:
uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading:
https://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=6417-2

Because of the following filter
||regnow.com^
Found in: Peter Lowe’s Ad server list

So after reading this: "
NOTE: If the RegNow server is ever down, you may instead use PayPal to send the license fee to register@blueirissoftware.com and your license code will be sent to you via email."

I went ahead and paid directly.

Thanks