Burgaria Interruptus

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Burglary Interrupted ....

Once again having trouble uploading the video file, so here it is from my OneDrive .... AlleyWestVF.20220210_141400_1.mp4

Gallant dude leaving his girl in the dust like that - just one of the attributes to be expected from a petty thief.
If you want to improve the audio, in the camera setup, turn off the noise filter for the microphone.

There is no honor among thieves.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you want to improve the audio, in the camera setup, turn off the noise filter for the microphone.

There is no honor among thieves.
Soundtrack came from an external microphone, one of two (2) externals I am using (in addition to on-board mics in a few other cameras). I did as you suggested. Hope it clears up the audio some. As it is right now, before the change you suggested, it seemed really 'brittle' (for lack of a better term to describe it).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome!

Was that an automated trigger or did you happen to be sitting on the screen and turned it on?

If it was automated, is it set up to look for someone stopping like that or will it go off for anyone passing thru?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trade craft; too little, too late. She instinctively looks up, and focuses in on the camera .. but then regains her senses and keeps her countenance down when riding away.

What was the 'whistle' sound I heard just prior to the alarm activating? Was that a little heads up? (automated, or you even sitting there in real time watching the scum)

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is awesome!

Was that an automated trigger or did you happen to be sitting on the screen and turned it on?

If it was automated, is it set up to look for someone stopping like that or will it go off for anyone passing thru?
Two of the cameras alerted me to their presence. That prompted me to open BI on my phone. I then saw what they were up to, so I used another phone app to set off the siren.

A bit over a year ago I was stuck overseas during the pandemic. Some guy had jumped the 8 ft block fence and was trolling through my things in the carport. Same thing, the cams alerted me (middle of the night where I was), I checked and saw the guy, so I fired the siren. He bolted. I've got video - will post it when I get some time.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Trade craft; too little, too late. She instinctively looks up, and focuses in on the camera .. but then regains her senses and keeps her countenance down when riding away.

What was the 'whistle' sound I heard just prior to the alarm activating? Was that a little heads up? (automated, or you even sitting there in real time watching the scum)
That whistle was just that - a small bird making natural noises. @looney2ns suggested I turn off the noise filter on the external microphone, so I've done that in the hopes it will result in some cleaner audio.

No, I was not online in real-time watching the event. The cameras alerted me and I opened BI to see what was going on, and then I triggered the siren. Most of the process could be automated and I've given it some serious thought. A couple of my neighbors are not too keen on being awakened at 3 AM when the homeless are doing a 'walkabout', so I'm still working through that issue.