Building new surveillance system

Reaction score
Greetings,

We are openning new office and we should install new camera system.. Curently we have hikvision hwn-4104mh-4p with 4 cameras. The system is pretty solid, the only think i dont like on it is software. Im using IVMs 4200 for acessing cameras (hikvision browser addon is no go for me) and its sometimes awfully slow. android app is good though.

Im open to all possible brands etc.

Here is list of feathures i think i would like:

Some kind of AI that reduces "false movement", like acu sense (we have continouse recording, but we do a lot of time filtering by "movement" and some cats or spiders or lights from cars are doing false movements)
Maybe better "remote acess software", i know hikvision depreceated iVMS4200, so maybe newer software is better
I would like to take every X minutes a photo and create a "snapshot of the day" and send a bulk of whole day to email or something
Hikvision had a big problem with time sync. Timestamps in camera even though they were synced with time server were out few second in a days and in few monts even in minutes (restart every month needed)
Multiple footage. We dont have a fast internet at home, but still, i need to have a full resolution image, but at the same time, i would like to have lower res to acess. Hikvision of course have this, but only (in my device AFAIK) for live footage, not for "events".

I think 16ch POE is OK.

I hearth about Blue Iris, but i didnt do much research about it, i think im capable of building "own nvr", but i have no clue if, for example "AI (acu sense) hikvision cameras" will work.

My budget is 600 € for NVR, cameras will be bought next year and budget for each is not set, but i think up to 200 € each will be ok.

Thanks in advance

cm.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using blue iris and it is brilliant… but will take a bit of time to learn and become familiar with. Yes acusense will work with blue iris or you can offload the AI to blue iris which can do the detection instead pf the cameras.

With blue iris you can use other vendors instead of just hikvision, so opens up more options.

another nice thing about blue iris is that it runs on standard windows pc - so you can upgrade components as needed instead of replacing a whole nvr when you reach capacity.

I work in IT and engineering, so blue iris is very easy for me, if you are not as technical YMMV.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
BI iris isn't any harder to setup than an NVR.

Blue Iris - Video Security Software
I agree. It is actually quite easy to get cameras set up and recording in BI.

Now of course there are WAY more features and options available in BI, so it may seem overwhelming at first. But the reality is that you can get a very basic setup up and running very quickly and then add features/options as time/knowledge allows.