Build my computer for me :)

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
How robust of a computer do I need to support 8-IPC-HDW5631R-ZE?

I appologize in advance for being computer illiterate.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you struggle with reading the Many answers to your question on the forum, you will not be able to support your system. Help yourself, help yourself and read the already posted answers. There is lots of info out there.

teamRAVEGREEN

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Weird... can you hide menu items? I see "Wiki" between Members and What's New?

I'm also using the light theme, maybe it is an issue with the dark theme?

(edit) confirmed - no Wiki link with the dark theme enabled.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what happens when you succumb to the "Dark Side", and no I'm not your father.

BI_Main_thread.JPG

Last edited:

Charles Odom

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well....my thoughts are this: build the best computer you can afford.

Also, look at things initially that are harder to upgrade, not cost effective, I.E. motherboard and CPU.

You can build a very nice system to handle everything you need pretty cheaply, if you scavenge parts from other computers.

For example: use an old case and power supply, used DVD drive, and put a new MB, CPU, Ram, and SSD in it for cheap...then worry about buying storage drives for your video. Craigslist is packed with great stuff to reuse for really good prices. Old gaming desktops usually have primo parts, and can be bought for next to nothing.

Ghebert86

n3wb
Reaction score
Well....my thoughts are this: build the best computer you can afford.

Also, look at things initially that are harder to upgrade, not cost effective, I.E. motherboard and CPU.

You can build a very nice system to handle everything you need pretty cheaply, if you scavenge parts from other computers.

For example: use an old case and power supply, used DVD drive, and put a new MB, CPU, Ram, and SSD in it for cheap...then worry about buying storage drives for your video. Craigslist is packed with great stuff to reuse for really good prices. Old gaming desktops usually have primo parts, and can be bought for next to nothing.
Thanks for the advise! I grabbed a refurbished Dell Optiplex with i7 6700... from what I’m reading it should be more than enough to handle what I am going for.