Broadcast from Client App - resolution

surgeshu

n3wb
Reaction score
good day ,

is there a way to set a resolution when Broadcasting from the blue iris app to the blue iris server .

I'm using iPhone 11, the video resolution that blueiris server shows it is receiving is 720 X 480 , 0.3mp.

i don't see any settings for resolution that i can change in the iOS app or blue iris server.

11.jpg22.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
good day ,

is there a way to set a resolution when Broadcasting from the blue iris app to the blue iris server .

I'm using iPhone 11, the video resolution that blueiris server shows it is receiving is 720 X 480 , 0.3mp.

i don't see any settings for resolution that i can change in the iOS app or blue iris server.

View attachment 119287View attachment 119288
If you mean from the server to the app and the answer is yes.
Go to BI "Settings" => "web server" tab, then at bottom right click on the "advanced" button, set up a new stream profile in "encoder profiles" (or modify "streaming 0") with the desired resolution.

surgeshu

n3wb
Reaction score
If you mean from the server to the app and the answer is yes.
Go to BI "Settings" => "web server" tab, then at bottom right click on the "advanced" button, set up a new stream profile in "encoder profiles" (or modify "streaming 0") with the desired resolution.
thank you , but that's not the case I'm not streaming from the server and trying to get a better resolution , i am actually broadcasting from my phones camera to the server .

the server receiving very low resolution .

phones camera is 12MP , of course i am not trying to get that resolution but i don't understand why i get 0.3mp .

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would assume it would have to be within the video settings of the phone itself, not the BI app. Open up the video recording menu and see what resolution it would record to the phone at.

Another possibility is the camera achieves higher MP through use of algorithms and multi-cams on the phone (if that model), but the sensor itself is less and that is what BI is pulling?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, I understand now.
I have also streamed from an iPhone4 to BI years ago using a different app and it used MJPEG.

Can you post a screen shot in Blue Iris of the camera's "video" tab => "Configure" button?

surgeshu

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I understand now.
I have also streamed from an iPhone4 to BI years ago using a different app and it used MJPEG.

Can you post a screen shot in Blue Iris of the camera's "video" tab => "Configure" button?
the picture is on my initial post , the config button is grayed out when you chose "broadcast from a client app"