Bricked SV3C IP 1080P Firmware help

Bert Jones

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have bricked the SV3C 720P WIFI IP version of this camera. Could somebody please send me the MTD files?

Thank you
The files I have are for the SV-B01-POE-1080p non wifi model, which is different to your camera so they will not be correct for your camera.

Samelvis

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know. Hopefully someone reading this forum has the same camera and is able to provide them for you.
Hi Bert,
I have got a second working model of this camera and it has the v13.1.47.15.3-20200320 firmware. Is there a way for me to extract the firmware myself? I tried to telnet the working camera but the telnet port seems to have been closed with the v13 firmware. Are there any other ways?
Cheers

Bert Jones

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Bert,
I have got a second working model of this camera and it has the v13.1.47.15.3-20200320 firmware. Is there a way for me to extract the firmware myself? I tried to telnet the working camera but the telnet port seems to have been closed with the v13 firmware. Are there any other ways?
Cheers
Luckily I had a second working, identical model camera. I unsoldered the flash rom ic from it and read it using a C341A flash programmer. I then unsoldered the flash ic from the bricked camera and flashed a copy of it to the flash ic. After resoldering the flash ic back in to the bricked camera it was working again and luckily it kept it's original serial number and MAC address. But unless you are used to working with surface mount components and you have the correct soldering equipment it's not really possible for most people to do it.

It also possible that flashing a copy of the working camera's rom ic to the bricked camera will give the bricked camera the same serial number and MAC address as the working camera, which would mean that you wouldn't be able to use the unbricked camera on the same network as the working camera as you would have duplicate MAC addresses.

You would also need to make sure that both cameras use the same hardware. I have a third SV-B01-POE-1080p but that has different hardware, it was manufactured later than the other two, and uses different firmware so copying that would not have worked.