Bricked SD50225U-HNI - replace with another or something newer?

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

My SD50225U-HNI seems to be bricked, is hanging off the house (hard to get to for me). I did get up a ladder, tested the cable & it is OK - no issues which I guess is good. I was happy with the SD50225U-HNI until it stopped working. I can always use another so if I manage to get it unbricked when working on it later, thats OK.

Any suggestions for a $400 - $650 range, 20+ zoom, IR, autotrack camera? Huge plus if it is able to reuse the existing SD50225U-HNI mounting brackets for ease of install.

Thanks,
Rich

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a thread here, about how to unbrick it.
I had an issue like this myself, and it took some time and effort to unbrick it, but it brought it back to life. Also saved some money in the process. ;)

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks - I think I could use another camera either way - I am figuring I can upgrade & maybe fix it later. When the existing unit boots, it pops on the network for a few seconds, then goes offline. I cant http, tftp, etc. If I could play with it as it sits I would be happy to do that but I think I need to physically remove it & at that point I would rather have the replacement ready, fix the old, then repurpose it.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
The favorite camera that most of us are using is the SD49225XA(2MP) or XB(4MP). It works way better then what yo have. I had the same gen 59225 like yours, and that one can't compare to the 49225XA, or XB.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice - You convinced me to check the unbrick thread.

The link for dahua_tftpbackup.zip is down - I have no idea where to find it.