Break-in

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got up this morning and reviewed my videos, thinking I would catch a rat crawling up Palm trunk, and saw a little thief breaking into my house. My phone for the push alerts was in the next room and did not hear it. I was dead tired from boating that day and fast asleep. I now will sleep with my phone, right next to one of the guns. She knew where to look for keys (on top of water heater) and try to push up on sliding doors to gain entry. She broke into the Garage, but could not get in house because I keep that door locked. Obvious meth head from the local church run scumbag hotel about 3/4 mile away, from what I was told by deputy and neighbors. She is just Damn lucky she did not get in the house. It would be the last steps she made. When the Sheriff Dept came out this morning, I showed them the pics and he immediately said "I just saw her down the street on a Bike". He left and came back and said she was gone. They know who she is and where she is staying, thanks to the good cams that @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) supplies us. There are now 2 Sherriff Deputies and 4 Forensics on scene taking evidence. Keep that in mind, now there is charcoal powder all over cars and doors. Here are just a few short videos from some of the cams I have.

1626281681709.png

1626281731279.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Great images and video. She was clearly high as a kite. And don't you just love how these types cover themselves with tattoos that are as unique as a fingerprint?

I hope you live in an area where the D.A. actually bothers to prosecute crimes like this. In my city, she'd be back on the street a day later after the district attorney declined to prosecute.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, are you aware that the two time stamps on the patio cam arn't in sync?
And on the garage cam, the time and the date does not match.
Not good if the video is needed in court.
I've always advocated to lock your vehicle doors, even when in the garage.
And why its advocated around here, that a cam system is for after the fact, and a good monitored alarm system is for security.
I wouldn't depend on your phone to alert you to an intrusion.
The alarm system needs multiple LOUD sirens in hopes of making it painful enough that an intruder leaves.
How did she get in the garage? Unlocked man door?

She appeared to be aware of the garage cam, but didn't care.

Reaction score
I think she did care. Note how she grabbed the flashlight and then turned off the garage light, thinking that would hide her from the camera, before entering the vehicle.

She was either too brain-fried or too stupid to realize that the camera might have night vision capability.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, are you aware that the two time stamps on the patio cam arn't in sync?
And on the garage cam, the time and the date does not match.
Not good if the video is needed in court.
I've always advocated to lock your vehicle doors, even when in the garage.
And why its advocated around here, that a cam system is for after the fact, and a good monitored alarm system is for security.
I wouldn't depend on your phone to alert you to an intrusion.
The alarm system needs multiple LOUD sirens in hopes of making it painful enough that an intruder leaves.
How did she get in the garage? Unlocked man door?

Yes, now I realize the time stamps are off. I have all of them synced with net time, but it seems after a time change they get out of sync. I go in and manually change it, and for some reason they convert back 1 hr. It is a PIA. May have to try changing/saving with different browser than IE. I have an alarm system, but do not use it when I am at home. She broke into the pedestrian door in the garage, where there was a screen window. Left the window open to air out the garage. It stays locked now. Believe it or not, she went back to close the window I left open, after she broke in. I have lived in this area for 40 years w/o any problems, but it seems that after the Pandemic and all the scum moving down to FL, things have definately gotten worse.

I don't think she was not looking at the camera in the garage, too dumb/drugged up. I think she was paranoid about someone coming through the door she broke through.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, now I realize the time stamps are off. I have all of them synced with net time, but it seems after a time change they get out of sync. I go in and manually change it, and for some reason they convert back 1 hr. It is a PIA. May have to try changing/saving with different browser than IE. I have an alarm system, but do not use it when I am at home. She broke into the pedestrian door in the garage, where there was a screen window. Left the window open to air out the garage. It stays locked now. Believe it or not, she went back to close the window I left open, after she broke in. I have lived in this area for 40 years w/o any problems, but it seems that after the Pandemic and all the scum moving down to FL, things have definately gotten worse.

I don't think she was not looking at the camera in the garage, too dumb/drugged up. I think she was paranoid about someone coming through the door she broke through.
I would get rid of the BI time stamp, and use only the Cameras time stamp.
My cams are setup with Nettime, and I have no problems with Daylight savings time, or time being off an hour.
The DST needs to be set correctly in the cameras GUI, and the time zone needs to be correct for your area....which would be Eastern Standard Time.
Be sure you have an outbound rule in windows firewall for port 123 so Nettime can update it's self.
There is no such thing as a "safe neighborhood", never has been unfortunately. And MUCH has changed in 40 years.
Can't you set your alarm system for "night" and it only alert on the perimeter zones during that time.

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Roger that. I have firewall setup for rules and DST. Just about all my cams sync good. except for a few. I am beginning to think it is a firmware issue. I will be removing the BI time stamp. Some of the left overs from a while back. Now I have to go out and wash all the charcoal from the vehicles. I am also adding a BI alert profile for garage and back porch, while at home. Maybe next post will be a bloody mess.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Roger that. I have firewall setup for for rules and DST. Just about all my cams sync good. except for a few. I am beginning to think it is a firmware issue. I will be removing the BI time stamp. Some of the left overs from a while back. Now I have to go out and wash all the charcoal from the vehicles. I am also adding a BI alert profile for garage and back porch, while at home. Maybe next post will be a bloody mess.
We honestly hope that isn't/never the case.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are right, I think she only got my flashlight. There were even rolls of quarters in the center console of the truck, and she looked right at them with the flashlight. It is like she came over to steal something, but forgot what to steal?

Reaction score
What model cameras are you using? I've never had any problems with the camera time staying synced to nettime even after the time changes for daylight savings time. When you get a chance post a picture of your DST settings in the camera.

Also, like @looney2ns said before, definitely invest in an alarm system with loud sirens. I would never rely on an alert from my phone to wake me up if someone was breaking in. Stay away from alarm companies that try to sell you proprietary equipment and make you sign a contract for x amount of years.

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wish it was only 7 minutes. Those videos were only partial. She was in the screened back porch/pool area 2x for a total of about 45 minutes. She spent most of the time cowled in the corner picking up the pool screen skimmer looking at it like it was a mirror. She was probably in the garage a total of about 17 minutes, pacing around and picking her skin. That item in her mouth was not a cigarette. I think it must have been some type of crack pipe or something you suck on to get high. Does anyone know what that thing in her mouth was?

@crw030, I do have a loud alarm system, but hate to use it because I forget to turn off when I open the door. I use it every time I leave. I am sleeping w/ phone. I will give them a fighting chance to get in home, then blow their brains out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wish it was only 7 minutes. Those videos were only partial. She was in the screened back porch/pool area 2x for a total of about 45 minutes. She spent most of the time cowled in the corner picking up the pool screen skimmer looking at it like it was a mirror. She was probably in the garage a total of about 17 minutes, pacing around and picking her skin. That item in her mouth was not a cigarette. I think it must have been some type of crack pipe or something you suck on to get high. Does anyone know what that thing in her mouth was?

@crw030, I do have a loud alarm system, but hate to use it because I forget to turn off when I open the door. I use it every time I leave. I am sleeping w/ phone. I will give them a fighting chance to get in home, then blow their brains out.
Does it not have a pre-trigger reminder that it is armed? Like 30 seconds before it goes off?

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I have pre-trigger alarm notice, but it is not on the most used door. I guess I can place a note on the other doors and use alarm. The ironic thing is, my entire side/bark yard is fenced with 6' wood/vinyl privacy fence except a few places where it is down on the neighbors fence. My neighbor happens the be a Deputy Sheriff and was home with marked car out front. I live in a somewhat out of the way dead end situation that backs up to a Bayou. Not easily accessible. Last place I expect entry was from the back. Not anymore.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

That is actually a syringe in her mouth/hand. I am diabetic and quite familiar with what they look like.

11:53:27 in the screened area...I thought she was going to drop her drawers and take a sh!t right outside that door when she found it locked. LOL.

And why does it look like she pissed her shorts...her ass looks all wet.