Bottleneck with 5th camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi fenderman, I remember you from 2014, when many of us were on a Germany hosted IP forum.

Do you think that the problem could be my Samsung SSD?
Is there a disk testing program I should try?
No its not your drive. Did you make any of the cables yourself?

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No. All AMAZON Cat6.

Also Cable was my 1st suspect and I changed that to another AMAZON made cable, which did not help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also ensure that the 5th camera's ip address is not shared with another device or another ip camera causing and ip conflict.
If you disconnect one of the other 4 cameras does the new camera work fine?

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did that and no, same problem. The I returned it to Amazon, bought a replacement and that too was bad and had to be returned.
Then I bought 3 Dahuas from Amazon, one at a time, but only 5Mp. Returned all and figured better go back to 2 MP Dahua and ordered it but from Andy.
Since I can no longer use Dahua Config to change IP, I asked them to put it on 192.168.0.XXX.
I just ordered it today. We'll see if that works.

When I get the camera from Andy, I', I'll still have change my existing cameras to 192.168.2.xxx or whatever.
How can I do that?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did that and no, same problem. The I returned it to Amazon, bought a replacement and that too was bad and had to be returned.
Then I bought 3 Dahuas from Amazon, one at a time, but only 5Mp. Returned all and figured better go back to 2 MP Dahua and ordered it but from Andy.
Since I can no longer use Dahua Config to change IP, I asked them to put it on 192.168.0.XXX.
I just ordered it today. We'll see if that works.
You don't have a camera problem changing the camera is not going to solve the problem. You don't need the config tool to change the address there a bunch of posts that explain how to do it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Buying and returning the same brand camera isn't gonna fix the problem if it is an IP conflict with the default IP address or a problem within your system....

Did you confirm what @fenderman suggested - is one or more of your cameras on the same IP address?

But you have a bigger problem if you still cannot get into the camera GUI....

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
as previously stated,
reorder cameras to replace current ones might be a last resort; but only if further investigation points to a 'bad' camera
changing network addressing configuration to a new scheme is not necessary
it is highly unlikely that system hardware has anything to do with the camera issue(s) you describe; changing or updating these would not be recommended
ideally, remove the off-brand switch from the configuration would simplify the network and help eliminate possible issues
from what's been described there is no obvious reason(s) for the poor viewing performance of the cameras

additional background information....

are the cameras and BI the only devices connected to your network; if not, what else are connected and to which switch?
the switches are Gb, have you checked what the auto-config settings of the 2.5Gb NIC?
you may want to manually set the NIC to 1Gb full duplex.
what is the network utilization (task manager or resource monitor) of the NIC?
besides BI, any other applications/services/uses of this system?
(have to ask) you are manually configuring the new camera with an available ip address?
how are new, and existing, cameras configured; which codec, hardware acceleration on/off within BI
what are the video settings on cameras; cbr/vbr, max bitrate?

back to POE available wattage; have you tried unplugging an older camera when connecting the new camera to see if the new camera becomes stable?

which "Pale Moon" browser have you tried, is it the 32bit version? most current browsers have updated their security protocols to "current" levels which are now too new for older cameras. which version of windows are you running; 10 or 11? 10 still has the old-ie, 11 has edge with ie compatibility mode. Firefox versions pre-74 and Chrome versions pre-81, if you can find a download, should be able to connect to older cameras. (old Firefox downloads can be found here: Directory Listing: /pub/firefox/releases/)

once you have the ability to reconnect to the cameras, it would be good to
set key frame (i-frame) and fps to the same value on each camera; the .5 and .3 values ideally would be 1
ensure upnp is disabled
manually assigned IP; address, mask, gw

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First thing to do is eliminate the aumox switch. These no name switches can cause problems. It may not be your issue but that would be my first guess. Also are you cables premade or did you make them yourself?

Thank YOU!!!
You were absolutely right. The aumox switch was dropping frames. I am now using
TP-Link TL-SG1016PE V3 , 16 Port Gigabit PoE Switch , Easy Smart Managed , 8 PoE+ Ports @150W , Plug & Play , Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports , QoS, Vlan, IGMP & LAG , Limited Lifetime Protection.

Thanks again, you are the same genius as before, when we were on the Germany site.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank YOU!!!
You were absolutely right. The aumox switch was dropping frames. I am now using
TP-Link TL-SG1016PE V3 , 16 Port Gigabit PoE Switch , Easy Smart Managed , 8 PoE+ Ports @150W , Plug & Play , Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports , QoS, Vlan, IGMP & LAG , Limited Lifetime Protection.

Thanks again, you are the same genius as before, when we were on the Germany site.
Awesome. Please leave an amazon review so as to warn others.