Bosch NVR or DVR questions

Reaction score
I appreciate any input, several years ago I spent big $ on some Bosch NBC-$%%-22P cams, issue was they would record to me Dahua NVR DHI-NVR52A08-8P-4KS2 but it would interface and record, but was not able to access the system from Android phone, so I am looking to get a POE NVR recorder to work with these Cams as they old low Resolution, but I would use them indoors in shop and garage as the fetch less than $20 on EBAY so any recorder recommendations are requested. Thank for pointing me somewhere for help with this

toolman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here but have been lurking a while without creating an account ...I think most people on here will send you to the wiki/cliff notes and suggest that you get a switch and computer to do a blue iris setup .... That being said your Bosch cameras are IP ONVIF compatible so most POE port NVR's that support ONVIF will work ...if your happy with Dahua consider getting one of the newer low end models...unless you plan to upgrade your cameras in the future in which case a more advanced model might be worth the investment

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here but have been lurking a while without creating an account ...I think most people on here will send you to the wiki/cliff notes and suggest that you get a switch and computer to do a blue iris setup .... That being said your Bosch cameras are IP ONVIF compatible so most POE port NVR's that support ONVIF will work ...if your happy with Dahua consider getting one of the newer low end models...unless you plan to upgrade your cameras in the future in which case a more advanced model might be worth the investment
I have PRO units, the cams are ONVIF compatible, they interface with the Dahua but odd thing is the live viewing from Android remote, I cant see real time, thus said it will send alarm if set that way, but not real time, can view the stored stuff, so not sure what the issue is, a f fellow the worked at Dahua in Calif, actually worked with another fellow and with Dahua and didn't get it figured out, the were over 1K new, and great indoor pics, but now sell for 25-50 ysed, so wanted to see if there are any suggestion, the Bosch Divar recorder are big$$s so toying with a way of using these in a shop garage as it is exterior coved with Dahua cams, but would do the contents, as that is what those cams were for, inside banks, university, airports, high end Comm. stuff a few years ago. so ???? what to do.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have PRO units, the cams are ONVIF compatible, they interface with the Dahua but odd thing is the live viewing from Android remote, I cant see real time, thus said it will send alarm if set that way, but not real time, can view the stored stuff, so not sure what the issue is, a f fellow the worked at Dahua in Calif, actually worked with another fellow and with Dahua and didn't get it figured out, the were over 1K new, and great indoor pics, but now sell for 25-50 ysed, so wanted to see if there are any suggestion, the Bosch Divar recorder are big$$s so toying with a way of using these in a shop garage as it is exterior coved with Dahua cams, but would do the contents, as that is what those cams were for, inside banks, university, airports, high end Comm. stuff a few years ago. so ???? what to do.
These are low resolution cameras. Rather than finding a solution that works with them, just replace the cameras with $100 2mp dahua starlights, enjoy the excellent image and don't look back.

Reaction score
Yes I am leaning that way, I have a DIVAR Bosch 700 in Canada, so will get a switch as that is what Bosch recommends for this cam and set them up there, hard to throw the 2K out as it was lack of knowledge that caused me to buy them, also any Idea I hooked up a N24CG52 and it looks great, but have a yard light that is motion sensed, what amount of time should it be before the color kicks in, seems like 30 seconds and it has almost perfect color out to 50 yards, looking at getting some IPC HDW5231R-ZE from Andy, they seem the almost equal as the above but motorized lens as the above is fixed, seems the LUX is not quite as good, Can the time to go to color be adjusted or is it self sensing, I will one day sit down and fiddle with the NVR, but am a bit of a IF IT WORKS STAY AWAY, to many years fixing Equip that people messed with. Thanks