Bonjour Meaning ?

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
What does Bonjour mean in on the camera in network section?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It's a network device/service discovery protocol. Search Google and you'll find. Though they don't use it, think along the lines of the Dahua/Hikvision camera discovery tools. Typically don't need it for cams. Maybe if you need to tie into Apple's Homekit.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
TLAs ahhhh the world can't get enough of them! (Three Letter Acronyms)

Novell once had a book of those one need to memorize in the "Network Book"
I hear ya...my Vietnam service was in Naval Aviation and IIRC, that was before the MRE as we know it today. The Navy had plenty of acronyms but the aviation section took it to a new level what with TACAN, ADF, IFF, BCM, ILS, REIL, etc. I've forgotten more than I can recall. Most folks understand where RADAR, SONAR, SCUBA comes from and what it means but some use and don't know about FUBAR or SNAFU.

One of the TLA's you didn't want to hear was STD. :lol:

And being married to a retired RN that was active for 25 years presents another whole realm of TLA's.....HIV, AIDS, MRSI, MRI, ALS, EKG, etc.

I'm just grateful that as I age they're mostly only 3 letters today...less to remember as I have run out of RAM and have progressive CRS. :highfive:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One favorite; ID 10T Error.
Yep, there are idiots in all fields, all walks of life.

And when asked what you did to fix an issue and make it sound complicated but was really very simple we'd say....

"Oh, the O-N-O-F-F switch was in the O-F-F position." :winktongue: