Bobcat fell into pool

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If you really want a pool these days just buy a freestanding spa. Still going to be expensive to heat the water, although most are well insualted and so losses in summer aren't so great with a lid.

A work colleague of mine has one and he loves his although he's got a budget inflatable one. He has to empty is peridoically and clean it and there's a self mainetd filter. I believe the filters are only around $5 to replace, at least on his model.

It sounds as though the whole industry is a just a rip off based on it's rich people being the ones who have swimming pools. It's the same with yachts. There are videos on Superyachts on crew etc on YT and there's an example of where there's the slightest shallowest almost can't see it scratch on some woodwork, you lliterally struggle to see it. Captain was quoted something ridiulous - thousands or maybe more than $10K (I don't remember exactly) for to come and polish it out. Got it done for a fraction in the end. Probably a $5 bottle of scratch remover would have sorted it. Outboard motors are the same on the small end of the scale. You take a car in for service, and it's $200. Take eg a 200hp outboard in which is engine only and basically a car engine orientated differently, and you can easily be looking @ $2k for a service.

redpoint5

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They key to yacht ownership is renting charters to others when you aren't using it. Keep a regular crew and keep it in service earning its keep, just like anything else.

I don't know how I feel about pools because I've never been somewhere hot enough to justify one. I was visiting the lake 3 times a week in peak summer a few years ago before my standup jetski was stolen. Free after you pay for it is more my style.