blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

CloudyDave

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman. I'm somewhat new to IpCamTalk. Is there a PM feature available?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I got mine back by entering the extended support key and then re-starting BI.

ES key alone didn't put it back out of demo mode. Note here, BI is slower to start than normal. To me it appears to be CPAI trying to phone home that delays it.

I agree Ken, needs a backup server.

An alternative would be for a clever person on here to wrtie a loop back server that gives the right response although I think it's easy to appreciate hy Ken wouldn't want that as if it got into to open wild, people might use it to avoid buying extended keys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So does anyone know what do I need to do to get it going, I've tried to put in my key in and now I am down completely, I see this screen
1688855734901.png

and then when I put the key I see this

1688855898580.png

Thanks

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm guessing your key is more than 1 year old and you haven't bought an extended support licence.

What you need to enter is the extended support licence if you have one. Try restarting BI and you'll probably get another chance.

When I put my main key in, it came up that it expired in 2022. The ES key sorted it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So does anyone know what do I need to do to get it going, I've tried to put in my key in and now I am down completely, I see this screen
View attachment 167325

and then when I put the key I see this

View attachment 167326

Thanks
In the interim open the windows registry and go to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris and delete the registration folder. Then restart BI. You will have 15 days of eval.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I always run a utility that backs up the entire BI registry for things like this and since I test new releases. It has been a VERY useful tool :)

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I always run a utility that backs up the entire BI registry for things like this and since I test new releases. It has been a VERY useful tool :)
Can you please let us know how you do this? thanks

Reaction score
Yeah - and I picked today to move the server VM to a new box and needing to re-activate. Got so frustrated that I even bought a new license that I don't need thinking that may be a shortcut to a solution - well it was certainly a shortcut to being $63.00 poorer.
Did the very same thing Yesterday and am in eval mode . Ugh! Any idea how long it cans tay in eval mode ? Used an existing old license but it now shows expired on Feb xx 2023 ! Need to purchase a license but unable to get to the site . Was worried the site may be a fake but glad its confirmed !

Samsung123

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the same problem as others. I re-applied my service key in the settings and it got rid of the evaluation version.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't mean to be alarmist but someone on the FB BI group claims they have detected suspicious activity from Singapore.

As well, they say a virus scanner (didn't day which one) detects a virus in the latest version.

I cannot speak to the veracity of this claim.IMG_20230709_085924.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-09-09-00-01-07_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been loosely following all of this, but at the same time my machine has not been affected and is working as normal.

Should I expect it to give up at some point, or am I not seeing any issues because I have automatic updates turned off?

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been loosely following all of this, but at the same time my machine has not been affected and is working as normal.

Should I expect it to give up at some point, or am I not seeing any issues because I have automatic updates turned off?
There's some good information in the FB group. Jennifer, who does support, has been posting about getting around the key expiry issue. It hasn't been working for all, though.

It sounds like having automatic updates turned off has saved you from this problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks BP. Don't know how I missed this. It should be a sticky in the Tools Section.

A couple of questions, how is CPAI affected when re-installing an earlier registry? Does it back CPAI entries up to? Does it back CPAI up at the date of backing up BI?
BiUpdateHelper only backs up Blue Iris registry settings (stuff you configure in Blue Iris's GUI). If you configure something via CPAI's web interface, it will not be in the Blue Iris registry backup. Your saved alerts are also not backed up as those are not stored in the registry.