blueirissoftware.com website down (2023.07.07)

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah just noticed something odd, my new expiry date is a year from today (my real date should be March 28th 2024)
Just tried re-entering my renewal key again and this time it worked. The expiration date is now a year from today instead of April 5 2024.

Reaction score
I had the same issue today. I woke up to find all the cameras and recordings showing "Evaluation Version". I re-entered my license key (not the support key), and it fixed it. Wondering if it is going to do that again tonight.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if the settings for Updates, could have caused some units to revert back to Eval Mode.
Mine is on " No Update Prompts"
So the software is not hitting the BI servers for a version comparison?
( edit) oh It finally caught up to mine.....Shoot......
1688822202248.png

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok I followed the lead of the person who re-applied thier most recent renewal key. ( sent to myself in gmail) Lucky I found it.
Eval nag screen stopped for now.
1688822957005.png

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Carp! I am traveling and my BI phone client says my server is in eval mode. Do I have to remote back to my server to renter my upgrade code, or will it fix itself when BI server is back online? Thanks.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So that may explain while checking my cameras this morning I see a blue "Blue Iris Evaluation Version" plastered across my cameras?
Should have left mine as it is. Don't try and put your key in again. My mistake and it's completely down now and trial expired

panhead

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to enter both the version 4/5 license and my maintenance code. The expiration date is now a year from today also.

rt8169

n3wb
Reaction score
The web site landing page still has the Microsoft IIS default landing page. It does not have a banner saying "be back in a couple days" and a file download link for bluiris.exe which is a bit odd.

The site is hosted by interserver.net which offers dedicated and shared hosting options. From my personal experience these places have servers fail or crash from time to time. What's strange though is the amount of time it's taking to bring back up.

It would be nice to get some official news about what's going on. I was about to set up my server, but does it need to call home all the time to work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The web site landing page still has the Microsoft IIS default landing page. It does not have a banner saying "be back in a couple days" and a file download link for bluiris.exe which is a bit odd.

The site is hosted by interserver.net which offers dedicated and shared hosting options. From my personal experience these places have servers fail or crash from time to time. What's strange though is the amount of time it's taking to bring back up.

It would be nice to get some official news about what's going on. I was about to set up my server, but does it need to call home all the time to work?
You dont need to have a a constant internet connection for the software to work, there is a section of the help file that discusses this and how to manually update.
I checked 6 of my servers and none have eval water marks.