BlueIris

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what router are you using?

Bell Home Hub 2000 (black) dual band

right now there are 11 routers in my immediate area there are usally more fighting for wireless

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue Iris is not affecting your internet connection (unless you configured Blue Iris to pull camera streams from other peoples' cameras out on the internet). You are seeing slower speeds because you are using WiFi for video streaming and you don't have enough WiFi speed left over for normal internet usage.
I don't think I.m pulling in someone elses cameras all I know is turn cams off I get 24-25 mbps turn it on I might get 6mbps. I'm not sure on ow to set up BI

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, thats your problem. You cannot run that pc wireless..this is what is causing all your problems..you need to wire it up.
Ya I now but my laptop is on my kitchen table Don't think wifes going to let me run rj45

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I now but my laptop is on my kitchen table Don't think wifes going to let me run rj45
Your primary recording devices should not be a laptop in the kitchen table...thats the first thing that is going to get swipped....there is no way around this, your blue iris machine must be wired. You need to by a machine to dedicate to blue iris and place it somewhere where its wired up...otherwise you will be chasing your tail forever. Wifi is not an option here, it simply will not work reliably.

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Setup a proper WiFi network. A properly setup WiFi network requires multiple Access points. I use four APs, just in my condo, to make sure I always have excellent signal strength for 2.4 and 5Ghz throughtout my condo. So that there are never any congestion or saturation issues. And so that my dozens of wireless devices can always get maxmium throughput.

I currently use nine 3MP Hikvisions and three 1.2MP 720P cameras. If I want i can run all cameras over WiFi(instead of just the current nine). Plus run my BI4 machine over wireless. It will run flawlessly and i will see the same performance as if everything was wired. But this is with a properly setup WiFi network. Unfortunately the vast majority of home WiFi networks are not setup properly. Since they rely on only one AP to cover the entire household.