BlueIris

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why did the make it a resource sucking program. If my cams are on it kills my internet speed Why do they not make foscams run on 5 ghz instead of the overloaded 2.4 not to mention blueiris is supposed to run 64bit as opposed to 32 bit if you don't have a half decent pc it'sgoing to be hard to run. If I knew what i knew now I wouldn't have purchased blueiris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Why did the make it a resource sucking program. If my cams are on it kills my internet speed Why do they not make foscams run on 5 ghz instead of the overloaded 2.4 not to mention blueiris is supposed to run 64bit as opposed to 32 bit if you don't have a half decent pc it'sgoing to be hard to run. If I knew what i knew now I wouldn't have purchased blueiris
There are so many things wrong with this post I dont know where to start.
Foscam does not make blue iris. Blue iris does not control what frequency foscam camera uses. The reason 5ghz is not used generally is because the range is crap. Wifi should generally be avoided.
There is a 15 day demo that you could have tested with but chose not to.
IF you tell us what cams your are using and your pc specs we may be able to help you. For example, are you recording with the "direct to disc" setting?
Not sure where 64bit comes into play here.
If you dont like blue Iris, you are welcome to look into Milestone, exaxq, or avigilon. Note that they charge a licensee fee of 50-150 PER camera.
Blue iris is an excellent program..you just need to learn how to use it properly.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Because the are assholes and your internet is too slow and foscams are scams and 64bit programs are all inefficientyou should have readthe forum first before purchasing blueiris if you though you could make it run without a halfdecent pc

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't say it was a bad program I just said it takes up resources And the reason I bought wireless is because thats what I wanted I didn't want to run wires and also i found an post at another forum stating and I quote

"You can tell by looking at any Foscam camera models label on the camera itself. There are two MAC Addresses on the cameras labels. One is the wireless MAC Address, the other the Ethernet MAC Address. If the wireless MAC Address starts with "FR" then it supports 5 GHz if the wireless MAC Address starts with "VNT" it only supports 2.4 GHz." actually I think I found my cams perfect set up

:shame:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't say it was a bad program I just said it takes up resources And the reason I bought wireless is because thats what I wanted I didn't want to run wires and also i found an post at another forum stating and I quote

"You can tell by looking at any Foscam camera models label on the camera itself. There are two MAC Addresses on the cameras labels. One is the wireless MAC Address, the other the Ethernet MAC Address. If the wireless MAC Address starts with "FR" then it supports 5 GHz if the wireless MAC Address starts with "VNT" it only supports 2.4 GHz." actually I think I found my cams perfect set up

:shame:
you can minimize the resources with the proper settings like direct to disk. The software is not plug and play. Wireless, particularly from foscam, is very buggy. Foscam is low end junk.

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ya I know but you can't afford good stuff what do you do :( Anyway have you ever heard running foscam on 5 gig ? in the above post it says if you mac address starts with FR the cam can run on 5 ghz I found that insert at another site and its by a well known person or is it bull I know there low end But they do work

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I know but you can't afford good stuff what do you do :( Anyway have you ever heard running foscam on 5 gig ? I found that insert at another site and its by a well known person or is it bull
The good stuff is very reasonably priced..probably not much more than the foscam. What model foscams did you buy and how much did you pay for them.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
"You can tell by looking at any Foscam camera models label on the camera itself. There are two MAC Addresses on the cameras labels. One is the wireless MAC Address, the other the Ethernet MAC Address. If the wireless MAC Address starts with "FR" then it supports 5 GHz if the wireless MAC Address starts with "VNT" it only supports 2.4 GHz."
Whoever said this was trolling harder than I was an hour ago. MAC addresses are written in hexidecimal format. "FR" and "VNT" cannot appear in them.

If you must use wifi cameras for whatever reason, at least do it on a separate wifi network so it won't slow down your other wifi usage. And don't do it at all if you live near me because my wifi sucks badly enough already thank you.

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whoever said this was trolling harder than I was an hour ago. MAC addresses are written in hexidecimal format. "FR" and "VNT" cannot appear in them.

If you must use wifi cameras for whatever reason, at least do it on a separate wifi network so it won't slow down your other wifi usage. And don't do it at all if you live near me because my wifi sucks badly enough already thank you.
Must be nice to have 2 wifi networks lol Trust me I know what you.re going through every ISP I have had had to come back again and again etc but now I get 25mbps or close I wanted to sign up for 50 mbps but they said I wouldn't get it where I am because old wires etc

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You internal network has nothing to do with your external speeds provided by your isp...

Sent via Taptalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Must be nice to have 2 wifi networks lol Trust me I know what you.re going through every ISP I have had had to come back again and again etc but now I get 25mbps or close I wanted to sign up for 50 mbps but they said I wouldn't get it where I am because old wires etc
It is a real pain in the butt getting high speed on old telephone wires, for sure. I only have one choice of internet provider where I live and I have been trying to get them to install fiber optics to my house for 5 years. But they won't do it.

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can minimize the resources with the proper settings like direct to disk. The software is not plug and play. Wireless, particularly from foscam, is very buggy. Foscam is low end junk.
What do you mean " proper settings like direct to disk" I'm new to BlueIris

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
pick up a used router and put all your cameras on it in a different subnet, connect wan port to lan port of existing router. access internet thru existing routr.

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
pick up a used router and put all your cameras on it in a different subnet, connect wan port to lan port of existing router. access internet thru existing routr.
can you send me more info not sure on subnet I'm new

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Because the are assholes and your internet is too slow and foscams are scams and 64bit programs are all inefficientyou should have readthe forum first before purchasing blueiris if you though you could make it run without a halfdecent pc
I do have a decent pc My internet is @ 25mbps my router is only 10 ft away from my laptop and when I turn on BI my speed goes from 25 mbps to 6mbps turn BI off and I get my speed back

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do have a decent pc My internet is @ 25mbps my router is only 10 ft away from my laptop and when I turn on BI my speed goes from 25 mbps to 6mbps turn BI off and I get my speed back
what router are you using?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris is not affecting your internet connection (unless you configured Blue Iris to pull camera streams from other peoples' cameras out on the internet). You are seeing slower speeds because you are using WiFi for video streaming and you don't have enough WiFi speed left over for normal internet usage.