BlueIris setup for (IPC-HDBW4431R-AS)

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the latest BlueIris installed on my computer for a previous camera setup. I just recently wired my hosue with the new Dahua cameras and would like to get this configured into BlueIris. From inital setup process, I added a camera and chose Dahua Camera used the IP to the camera and put the login and password. It would show the camera on refresh, but BlueIris would peg the CPU to 100%, then after a few minutes the software will crash. Anyway of solving this issue? What's causing this? Did I do something wrong? How can I reduce the CPU usage? I read somewhere to not choose a camera brand but to use a generic. If someone can screenshot their camera setup page for me, that would be helpful. Thanks

Btw, running this on a Intel i5-6600k overclocked computer w/ 16gb of ram. Should be sufficient.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the latest BlueIris installed on my computer for a previous camera setup. I just recently wired my hosue with the new Dahua cameras and would like to get this configured into BlueIris. From inital setup process, I added a camera and chose Dahua Camera used the IP to the camera and put the login and password. It would show the camera on refresh, but BlueIris would peg the CPU to 100%, then after a few minutes the software will crash. Anyway of solving this issue? What's causing this? Did I do something wrong? How can I reduce the CPU usage? I read somewhere to not choose a camera brand but to use a generic. If someone can screenshot their camera setup page for me, that would be helpful. Thanks

Btw, running this on a Intel i5-6600k overclocked computer w/ 16gb of ram. Should be sufficient.
did you set direct to disk?

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
did you set direct to disk?
Where do I set this? In Blueiris or through Dahua's built in camera software by accessing the camera ip? this needs to be done for each camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, so I'm going to guess this Direct-to-disk thing would help the CPU usage? What about the crashing?

Do I need to change any configuration (built in dahua software) within the camera before using it with blueiris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, so I'm going to guess this Direct-to-disk thing would help the CPU usage? What about the crashing?
both if your cpu pegs at 100, you are almost guaranteed a crash.

zwi

n3wb
Reaction score
Also don't forget to disable "Text and Graphic Overlays" under the Video tab. Disabling this option will also reduce your CPU usage (I believe it's enabled by default)

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks! anything else I should watch out for?

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FPS can have an effect and the bit rate. I think most these guys run 10-15 fps, bit rate is kind of a personal setting probably. Also IFrame should match the fps. This is what I been taught in here.

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
Literally everything is already posted somewhere. People still ask (and answer). It's the nature of forums (shrug).

m3tpe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Literally everything is already posted somewhere. People still ask (and answer). It's the nature of forums (shrug).
and people like you reply back

Last edited:

mckevin

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to think so though in this particular forum I don't have the breadth of knowledge to be of much real help. At this point, here, I'm one of the annoying people asking the questions, lol.
You did understand that I was saying that, in effect, if people stop asking questions forums stagnate...
New users become more experienced users, help answer the new flock of new users, and the cycle continues. Again, it's the nature of forums.

just and people like you reply back