Blueiris randomly stopped getting alerts Onvif

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Frustrating as hell, Had Onvif motion triggers working for about a year. Suddenly BlueIris does not receive the triggers on all of my cameras, anybody know why? This computer is a standalone computer, no one uses it and nothing has changed, it's purely for blueiris. Why would Blueiris magically decide to not see the Onvif triggers. Have not updated and cameras are exactly the same, What has changed? I've confirmed they are still coming through via Onvif device manager.

My camera's are Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so what else have you done / looked at (other than ODM) so we won't ask and you won't have say you've already done that or looked at that ......:cool:
BI version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Frustrating as hell, Had Onvif motion triggers working for about a year. Suddenly BlueIris does not receive the triggers on all of my cameras, anybody know why? This computer is a standalone computer, no one uses it and nothing has changed, it's purely for blueiris. Why would Blueiris magically decide to not see the Onvif triggers. Have not updated and cameras are exactly the same, What has changed? I've confirmed they are still coming through via Onvif device manager.

My camera's are Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2
The nice thing about computers is they don't have feelings they do as they are told. Something did in fact change, a windows update, network update, blue iris update.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve had this occur, very randomly on individual cams and a reboot of the cam fixed it for me so might be worth trying in a single cam to see if the behaviour changes.

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
The nice thing about computers is they don't have feelings they do as they are told. Something did in fact change, a windows update, network update, blue iris update.
Here's the thing, When something works, I sheldom touch it. Which is why i've disabled Windows Update, Blueiris locked on 5.5.8.2, Hikvision firmware locked on 5.7.12, all drivers haven't been updated. Why? Because, it worked for over a year so I had no need to do anything. But now, doesn't work. This computer is purely for BLUEIRIS, the only way I can access it is through teamviewer, Or I physically go plug a keyboard, mouse and monitor into it.

BlueIris must have feelings considering it randomly decided to end the friendship with ONVIF, who knows, maybe one of the alerts was too WOKE, and decided, F**K this, I'm out!

Things I've tried,
Rebooted router, rebooted computer, rebooted camera's
Tried latest version 5.7.1.2 Blueiris,
Tried different camera settings
Tried deleting and re adding cameras
Tried Disabling firewall
Tried different ports

I believe Blueiris is to blame, because I can see the motion alerts on onvif device manager,
BTW, I've reverted back the changes I made since they didn't work, I.e. Blueiris back on 5.5.8.2

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried a redetect of a cam to see if the behaviour changes?
Yeah, spent the whole day on it. Swearing mostly at it, from google searching, i believe Im not the only one who have this random occurrence. However, no one had a solution :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually a simple find/inspect gets it going again as something got corrupt.. If not then reflash the current camera firmware as it got corrupt.

And for good measure, change the ONVIF user password to your current password in the event that is where the corruption is.

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
Usually a simple find/inspect gets it going again as something got corrupt.. If not then reflash the current camera firmware as it got corrupt.

And for good measure, change the ONVIF user password to your current password in the event that is where the corruption is.
Tried those but unfortunately didn't work. Went through the event viewer today, nothing obvious in there. This is on ALL 9 camera's (2x Dahua, 7 Hikvision), not just the one.

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried those but unfortunately didn't work. Went through the event viewer today, nothing obvious in there. This is on ALL 9 camera's (2x Dahua, 7 Hikvision), not just the one.
I have the same issue and thought it might be the firewall, but I turned domain, public and private firewall off and still no alerts. This is the issue with any security software running on windows. I am loosing faith in blueiris, I have visited my elderly parents and just installed eufy 3 cam system and works flawlessly. It is ridiculous that one has to spend so much time to make blue iris work. Nobody out there will spend a day sorting this out. For the image / security concerns I will just say install it outdoors and not near your pool etc. I will repost if I found the issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same issue and thought it might be the firewall, but I turned domain, public and private firewall off and still no alerts. This is the issue with any security software running on windows. I am loosing faith in blueiris, I have visited my elderly parents and just installed eufy 3 cam system and works flawlessly. It is ridiculous that one has to spend so much time to make blue iris work. Nobody out there will spend a day sorting this out. For the image / security concerns I will just say install it outdoors and not near your pool etc. I will repost if I found the issue.
Yes, its blue iris, not you or your system. Get rid of blue iris and buy Eufy - top notch company....I run over 20 blue iris systems running smooth as butter. You claim that this is an issue with any security software running on windows? I think you mean Video management software. Every major VMS maker has a windows version, including avigilon (150+ per camera licensing), milestone, exacq vision.
You can also simply use blue iris motion detection with codeproject AI. Dont like blue iris - there are literally 100 other alternatives. Like blue iris most require an iq above 80, so they may be irrelevant to you.
As I understand it eufy has ZERO issues - in fact the dont have any tech support because their systems just work. The online posts with issues are bogus!!!

Tell your folks to smile to the world watching them. Anker admits to lying about Eufy security camera encryption; describes future plans

100% guaranteed you made a change to your system. This has to be the case because computers dont have feelings. Things just dont randomly change. Whether its a BI update or windows update (some folks have terrible OCD). Disable auto updates.

Last edited:

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, its blue iris, not you or your system. Get rid of blue iris and buy Eufy - top notch company....I run over 20 blue iris systems running smooth as butter. You claim that this is an issue with any security software running on windows? I think you mean Video management software. Every major VMS maker has a windows version, including avigilon (150+ per camera licensing), milestone, exacq vision.
You can also simply use blue iris motion detection with codeproject AI. Dont like blue iris - there are literally 100 other alternatives.
As I understand it eufy has ZERO issues - in fact the dont have any tech support because their systems just work. The online posts with issues are bogus!!!

Tell your folks to smile to the world watching them. Anker admits to lying about Eufy security camera encryption; describes future plans
Noted, and you have no concern about all the cameras in the shops, streets, subways, buses, taxis that is recording you? Cameras have no place inside a house, only outside to cover the perimeter. My folks live in South Africa so their safety trumps any concern of so e image of them that who knows have of them already. In todays life you are being recorded everywhere you go without many even knowing that they are being recorded.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Noted, and you have no concern about all the cameras in the shops, streets, subways, buses, taxis that is recording you? Cameras have no place inside a house, only outside to cover the perimeter. My folks live in South Africa so their safety trumps any concern of so e image of them that who knows have of them already. In todays life you are being recorded everywhere you go without many even knowing that they are being recorded.
Here is a FAKE reddit post about a eufy issue. I CANNOT believe it!! must be fake. Do you need me to link 100 more?

Aside from exposing the video, their entire network is not secure. I know for certain you didnt vlan the eufy system.
When I am out and about I know I am being recording. Not around my house. That is next level fucked up. Anker LIED. The entire system is not secure. Do you understand that with direct access to the system they have access to your network. Every email, login, photo, video, bank credentials is now potentially hackable.

Stephan06

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is a FAKE reddit post about a eufy issue. I CANNOT believe it!! must be fake. Do you need me to link 100 more?

Aside from exposing the video, their entire network is not secure. I know for certain you didnt vlan the eufy system.
All on Guest wifi , so yes Vlan.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like the Eufy 3 are the battery operated cameras. Buddy you are missing TONS of footage and events as these cameras rely on a motion sensor to begin recording.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't even find ONVIF motion triggers in my 5442 cam. nor Blur iris. I have simple needs i guess.
I just use Blue Iris motion. if your giving the motion job to an ONVIF manager inside a cam< how is Blue Iris supposed to do its job? How can it be Blue Iris's fault if your emailing or notifying motion by going around Blue Iris?

daniellib

n3wb
Reaction score
You can also simply use blue iris motion detection with codeproject AI. Dont like blue iris - there are literally 100 other alternatives. Like blue iris most require an iq above 80, so they may be irrelevant to you.

100% guaranteed you made a change to your system. This has to be the case because computers dont have feelings. Things just dont randomly change. Whether its a BI update or windows update (some folks have terrible OCD). Disable auto updates.
This is quite a rude and aggressive response, very unprofessional. He made no threats nor was rude to you, yet you respond like that by making cheap stabs regarding IQ? Do you work for blueiris?

Here's the thing, your right, computers don't have feelings, nor can they do anything without an instruction. i get it. But guess what, computers have a record of whats happened, its called an event viewer, but I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

So, my event viewer details that nothing has changed, zip, between the timeline of blueiris onvif triggers working till not. I can upload or send it directly to you?

And btw, something must have happened within blueiris, because the manual trigger also doesn't work, support asked me to try it, and it didn't work. Once I find a solution, I will post,

Last edited: