Blueiris on a mini PC? Check out these specs!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. So I am thinking of N100, 16Gig of ram, Coral TPU M.2 (May not need with Apple) with a USB3 1-2X 6TB Skyhawk HDD. My goal is 24/7 sub-streams and main-stream for person-detection with AI snapshot push notifications and ability to quickly live from Apple TV.

If I wanted 7 camera's to show in HomeKit via Scripted would I need to get the iCloud subscription just for AI push notification or can I have all camera's with just live view?

What's the advantage of Scripted NVR ($70/yr for 7 camera's) VS Frigate NVR (Free + Coral TPU Purchase)?
If you are going to use Homekit then you will not need Coral TPU. If you are going to use NVR then yes you will need Coral or a Minipc with GPU. From my understanding that Beelink EQ12 N100 have Intel GPU built in and the GPU can be used for processing AI instead of Coral. Not all Minipc M.2 slot that have wifi card in it is a true M.2 slot so make sure it support Coral. The Beelink EQ12 N100 M.2 does support coral. Live streaming on Apple TV isn't that all great but again my AppleTV is connected via my wifi access point so that could be the reason why is not that great. I only use cameras around the exterior of the house to alert me when anyone or anything is trying to approach my home. My whole goal is to have a set up where I am not watching monitor or live streaming at all just let the AI to tell me hey something is approaching your home and pop up a nice picture of the object and event on my TV, laptop, or phone.

I am not sure but I don't think you could send the result of Coral AI to Apple TV. You have to use Apple own AI for that. I think you could live stream without a subscription but you could not save the recorded events to iCloud unless you have a certain subscription. I am not sure on this one because I already had a family iCloud subscription before I started meddling with Scrypted. The result of Coral AI is saved and viewed via web browser or mobile app.

It does have 24/7 recording but I am not sure if it records more than one stream per camera. I would advise reading the document on this one. The developer do have Discord channel where you could ask questions on it.

I have not use Frigate NVR so I don't know what the advantage over the Scrytped (not Scripted) NVR. Do Frigate offer mobile app and developer support when needed? Number of different brand of cameras supported? I would look into that before choosing.

Remember, I am not using the Scrypted NVR so I can't share much about it because I already have a Dahua NVR which is a full time 24/7 all stream recorder and I use the Apple TV as a timeline to guide me whenever I need to go back and review it in the Dahua NVR so basically I am paying nothing for mine other than upgraded Apple iCloud to review events on my iPhone to see who's at the door or to talk to them from iPhone. Apple AI can link people faces with your iPhone contacts list and it get really creepy LOL .... I have that feature turn off LOL ...