BlueIris now operates on the smell of an oily rag.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In-case you missed this, BlueIris has added some great features but most importantly Sub-Stream support.

If you configure your Video feeds with a Sub-Stream, eg: /cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=2&authbasic={AUTH64} in the Sub stream (+Params) box then;
- BI uses the Sub-Stream for motion detection ect.. and the Main Stream for Direct to disk recording!!!

So in the past Bi with QuickSync used 25% CPU and 30% GPU, not it is using 5% CPU and 5% GPU!! and this is NOT using limit decoding which can be unreliable!!

Hardware decoding of H265 is also working for me, as well other other hardware decoding options which work under vmware!!!

Just pointing these updates out, in-case someone else missed them!!

PS: To check it is working correctly, in Blu Iris stats you should see Bit-Rates for the Sub-Streams which should be a lot smaller. You need to work out the correct Sub-Stream(+Paramaters) which for me a combination of "main stream" /cam/realmonitor then adding a question mark "?" follows by params from the main stream,but just changed the subtypenumeric value. If Ididn't add the ? or used / then everything seems to work, no errors but it wasn't using the sub-stream.

Last edited:

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These 2 latest additions are truly fantastic.
Thanks for the tip of using the (?) to allow the parameters to work as I did have a couple of cams that needed that and I failed to pick up on that on the forums.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve not configured my system yet but I only have 6 2Mp cams so didn’t think it worth doing as my CPU sits at around 17%.

I am thinking of getting a couple of 5442 cams so may well configure these and hopefully BI and sub streams will be mature by then.