BlueIris memory leak?

jdilla

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad I'm able to keep my cool while the 'moderator' curses at me and tells me how dumb I am.

More confirmation that this popsicle stand is ran by amateurs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I'm able to keep my cool while the 'moderator' curses at me and tells me how dumb I am.

More confirmation that this popsicle stand is ran by amateurs.
It is obvious from your previous responses that you are both technically inept as well as a novice when it comes to VMS software and this industry in general.
An amateur would have sent you packing long ago...You are very close though...btw this forum run by amateurs has, nearly 30k registered users and is by far the largest security camera forum on the net.
Once again I dont need your advice on how to run a forum. So if there is something you dont like, feel free to fuck off.If you need help fucking off since you cant do anything for yourself, please advise. Dont dare EVER demand anything from volunteers here. The suggestion that you are OWED a detailed spoon fed response because you are lazy to search and as volunteers we have some sort of duty is repulsive. Also I hate it when folks lie. It is a pet peeve of mine. Why would you say you purchased "into the thousands" pieces of software when we both know that is a blatant lie. Even if you were the purchasing manager for a large corporation, you would never be in the position of purchasing and installing thousands of DIFFERENT packages. Right? If you are referring to many units of the SAME software, when then your argument fails right there.

Last edited:

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
I started having the memory leak issue a couple days ago. Had to reboot my system (Dell OptiPlex 5040 with Intel HD Graphics 530) twice. I tried to roll back the driver listed on this thread, but it balked because I had a Dell-specific version of that driver installed. So, I downloaded an earlier version of that driver from Dell, and the RAM has been around 2 Gb for 6 hours.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I started having the memory leak issue a couple days ago. Had to reboot my system (Dell OptiPlex 5040 with Intel HD Graphics 530) twice. I tried to roll back the driver listed on this thread, but it balked because I had a Dell-specific version of that driver installed. So, I downloaded an earlier version of that driver from Dell, and the RAM has been around 2 Gb for 6 hours.
you can manually install the intel update if you have problems again..

tinker3433

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I also had the memory leak and was unable to update the graphics drivers because of the Dell specific version on my 5040.
I am posting this in the hopes it helps speed up the process for others who have made the mistake of not doing a clean install as recommended in this forum.
I do intend to do a clean install as time allows, but i needed to get up and running for now.

I was able to install the Non-Dell drivers by following the instructions here:
How to install Intel beta graphics drivers for Microsoft Surface and Surface Book
Ignore the reference to surface, the instructions worked where many others didn't.

For drivers i used the .zip file from:
Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]
And i now show Driver Version: 21.20.16.4590, have HA on, and show no memory creep.

Reaction score
Which version of the Intel Graphics Driver is the one we should be using? I just got my dedicated machine the day before yesterday and it has frozen up twice. I manually installed newest driver but unsure even after reading the thread which driver is proven to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which version of the Intel Graphics Driver is the one we should be using? I just got my dedicated machine the day before yesterday and it has frozen up twice. I manually installed newest driver but unsure even after reading the thread which driver is proven to work.
Why dont you start with the post right above yours.

Bryk

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Intel HD Graphics 530 running on a Dell OptiPlex 5040 (i7-6700). I rolled back to the 20.19.15.4531 driver and haven't had a problem since (several weeks). RAM is consistently around 2.2Gb.

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Intel HD Graphics 530 running on a Dell OptiPlex 5040 (i7-6700). I rolled back to the 20.19.15.4531 driver and haven't had a problem since (several weeks). RAM is consistently around 2.2Gb.

Bryk - Same specs as you, Unfortunately the driver 20.19.15.4531 didn't last more than 12 hours for me, before crashing BI with a low memory error. I went back to .4552 and will see if that will hold.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone explain this. Task manager has my CPU at 12-23% (34 overall) but BI has me at 99% CPU.

Ram looks correct. I'm assuming this is the leak issue or am I reading it wrong?

I have a Intel i5 4590 processor with Nvidia gtx960 gcard.
Thanks.

I don't see the on board Intel under display adapters though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. You have configured an option wrong in the settings .CPU multiplyer or something like that

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. You have configured an option wrong in the settings .CPU multiplyer or something like that
Can you explain what you mean and how I would fix the setting please?

bdorring

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
shouldn't it be set to how many cores you have? When set to 1, blueiris says it is using 80% when actually using 40% (with gui open)
When I set it to 4, it is saying 17% which is about the CPU it uses without the GUI open.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I said it was a multiplier, but it is actually a divisor. BI's calculated CPU usage will be divided by that number before being reported.
It sounds like you want it to be 2.

Such a silly option to have, yet evidently it is necessary on some systems.

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if I have 4 cores I should use 2?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So if I have 4 cores I should use 2?

no, normally you would leave it a 1, but there is something about your setup that is reporting improperly. Also remove the video card and use intel hd and enable hardware accleration

Bboy486

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no, normally you would leave it a 1, but there is something about your setup that is reporting improperly. Also remove the video card and use intel hd and enable hardware accleration
Sorry. Let's backup a second. What do you mean remove my video card? I use that for other items on my PC. Not sure I follow your instructions.