BlueIris decides to delete all of my videos (5.8.0.7, PSA)?

BIUser777

n3wb
Reaction score
This was not a beta release, pretty much my point. Not even an alpha, or "experimental" release, or whatever you want to call it release, short of "we totally don't know what we are doing and have not tested anything, not even the basics" release. This should never have left the developer's machine and been released anywhere past dev local premises.

You don't seem to understand this simple point, or able to accept it. To put it another way, using the word "beta" as in beta release, as you do, is an absolute misnomer in this case, and in the software world at large, and a disservice to the community . That's ok, I am sure others with more experience, less defensive and with a more open mind, will understand.

And it's unfortunate that you too have an IQ under 80.
But of course!

So predictable, funny that. When everything else fails, why not go that route, eh? I bet that's gonna work and prove my point, he thought,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This was not a beta release, pretty much my point. Not even an alpha, or "experimental" release, or whatever you want to call it release, short of "we totally don't know what we are doing and have not tested anything, not even the basics" release. This should never have left the developer's machine and been released anywhere past dev local premises.

You don't seem to understand this simple point, or able to accept it. To put it another way, using the word "beta" as in beta release, as you do, is an absolute misnomer in this case, and in the software world at large, and a disservice to the community . That's ok, I am sure others with more experience, less defensive and with a more open mind, will understand.

But of course!

So predictable, funny that. When everything else fails, why not go that route, eh? I bet that's gonna work and prove my point, he thought,
It was a beta or alfa release...every release by blue iris is beta or more likely even alfa. There is ONE person who develops blue iris. He likely just makes the change on his own machine and pushes it out. That is why there is a stable release option. You and many others have update OCD. This can only be cured by your therapist. The rest of us LOVE the frequent releases as we can CHOOSE whether to implement them.
The reason why the developer can push frequent updates is because there is a single developer and he provides releases instantly. This is amazing. Instead of waiting 6 months for a minor change as with other software we get requested changes within days sometimes hours.
Next time, when you have critical video - back it up AND dont install software that is not marked highly stable.

This is not something that occurs on every system or even a small percentage, otherwise there would be many more people complaining.

Difficult to admit you screwed up, eh?

Last edited:

BIUser777

n3wb
Reaction score
You have another winner here, pardner! Keep going, this is entertaining, IQ, therapists, and all! Especially when you try to mimick others ad-hoc expressions.

There are lots of one man show software houses out there. Including some that release often. That's not the problem. The problem is that none, ever, have this level of massive failure. We are talking wiping out an entire disk of related data. Again, this is unheard of. Wether you know or understand that or not is not going to change that fact. You can pedal all you want, blaming users as you've consistently been doing is not going to change a thing and just go to show you have no experience in this sort of matter. That's ok except for the fact that as such you are unqualified to make any valid comment on this issue.

All in all BI is complex enough, and has been sort of stable enough (at least for me) that one can be hopeful this was a one off and extremely rare occurrence. Of the "serious shit happens" variety. Versus a solid sign that the entire software is riddled with amateur mistakes and this was only the top of the iceberg. At least that's what I hope, yet trust will never be the same and caution, for any release, is definitely warranted as far as I am concerned (and why I commented here). This doesn't mean that applies to you, btw, or others. To each their own.

It's clearly not a problem for you. No big deal for you = good for you , good news! As for others, they can make their own opinions on this issue, and act on it (or not), now that it's been reported by several people.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You have another winner here, pardner! Keep going, this is entertaining, IQ, therapists, and all! Especially when you try to mimick others ad-hoc expressions.

There are lots of one man show software houses out there. Including some that release often. That's not the problem. The problem is that none, ever, have this level of massive failure. We are talking wiping out an entire disk of related data. Again, this is unheard of. Wether you know or understand that or not is not going to change that fact. You can pedal all you want, blaming users as you've consistently been doing is not going to change a thing and just go to show you have no experience in this sort of matter. That's ok except for the fact that as such you are unqualified to make any valid comment on this issue.

All in all BI is complex enough, and has been sort of stable enough (at least for me) that one can be hopeful this was a one off and extremely rare occurrence. Of the "serious shit happens" variety. Versus a solid sign that the entire software is riddled with amateur mistakes and this was only the top of the iceberg. At least that's what I hope, yet trust will never be the same and caution, for any release, is definitely warranted as far as I am concerned (and why I commented here). This doesn't mean that applies to you, btw, or others. To each their own.

It's clearly not a problem for you. No big deal for you = good for you , good news! As for others, they can make their own opinions on this issue, and act on it (or not), now that it's been reported by several people.
Massive failure? 2 to 3 low iq dummies (unless they assumed the risk) updated to a release which the developer has informed you is not stable?
Where are the thousands of BI users who had this problem?
You have OCD and could not control yourself. Hope you get burned again in the future with BI and other software. Get some therapy so that you dont have to install the latest unstable update.
Bitch all you want, you will admittedly continue to use blue iris because its fucking awesome and you know how to prevent this self imposed "catastrophe" in the future.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to be that guy that always updates but over the years had a few issues so now only update to whatever stable release I’m allowed to use.

BI is great if you’re a tinkerer and accept the associated risks but I just stick with stable releases no matter how old as at the end of the day it is a security system so I’d rather have reliability than the latest and greatest features, most of which I’ll probably never ever use!