BlueIris 4 Keeps crashing and won't record running as a service...........ugh

Jettubby

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently in the evaluation process of BI4. Have the latest version running on an Asus G73 i7 laptop running Win7 64-bit. No other software is running besides MS Security essentials. All the latest Win updates are stalled.

I'm having a problem running BI as a service. When I do it won't record video either manually nor via a trigger. Stop the service and run the app and it records flawlessly. Weird

Other issue is that the app freezes and force closes about 1-2 times a day. No "appcrash" or anything like it. It just shuts down. Not good for a security app. Any ideas before I ditch this app and look elsewhere? I'm glad I haven't paid for it yet! So far not very reliable. I've done IT work for years and know the laptop is clean and running well. No reason for the service not to work or the app crashing. :sad2:

Any ideas? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Jettubby Just to confirm you downloaded the latest update 4.0.1.9? Not sure about the service issues but regarding the crashes try re installing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package Also note that you may be better off running the 32 bit version..64 bit is only beneficial when running many cameras 15-20+...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jettubby

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have the latest version. I may just have to try 32-bit although I can't see how that would affect it crashing or running as a service. Thanks.