Blue Iris/Youtube settings?

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
For some reason I can't figure out, Youotube will not upload my BI videos. Photobucket does fine. Youtube uploads them, but when it nears the end of processing it quits. Anyone else have this issue? I've tried MP4 and AVI filles with IE and Chrome.

Thanks

Wayne9pointer.jpg

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
BI_ExportSettings.png I just tried again to see if anything changed but still no issues for me to upload. I used Chrome and these BI encoding settings.

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 12693 I just tried again to see if anything changed but still no issues for me to upload. I used Chrome and these BI encoding settings.
OK thanks. When I use those settings, no file is produced in the path shown. I've reached out to BI to see if they have any ideas. Clearly I'm doing something wrong... this can't be hard!

Thank you

Wayne

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
so with the same settings you have I get this from u tube:

The video has failed to process. Please make sure you are uploading a supported file type.
what the heeck?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Try uploading video from another source, even something you've dloaded originally from YouTube. Select private when uploading so your audience doesn't see the test clip.

If that works then I'd start suspecting a codec issue. Do you have the klite codec pack installed? If not then I recommend it. If you've got a codec pack installed but have tweaked the settings then reset them somehow, possibly by reinstalling.

wayneh

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, so with some help I have this figured out. Youtube wants frame rates of 23.986, 24, 25, 29.97,30, 59.986 or 60. My frame rate for all my cameras is set to 10 FPS. When I re-encode a file to a standard frame rate it loads and works on youtube as expected. So here is a video of a camera behind our house used to see who is using one of our trail bridges. It also works well for critters and is kind of fun.

This video is of my LPR camera. It's a tough shot since the camera is on a corner where cars turn, but I get all the plates that go by.

Now I've never posted videos before.... I hope some of these show up!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll have to try a 10 fps test video. The one I uploaded to test for you was at 15 fps which isn't exactly standard.